• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Heyward to Cubs

Mauch Won

Cespedes - career w/ men in scoring: .305avg

men on base: .289avg

Upton - career w/ men in scoring: .252avg

men on base: .267avg

This makes me want Cespedes but the age difference makes me feel like Upton might be the better choice. Depending on where Scioscia plugs Upton in the lineup maybe it could improve his numbers?

Edited by CanadianHalo

Gordon Wittenmyer ‏@GDubCub

Heyward deal less than $185m. Believed to be eight years.

Wow less than $185M? Jeez. Cubs signing 2 of the best FA's on awesome deals

8 year deal makes him 34 at the end of his contract. Pujols is entering his age 36 season with 6 years left on his contract.

Don't mind me, I'll just be crying in the corner. 

Cespedes - career w/ men in scoring: .305avg

men on base: .289avg

Upton - career w/ men in scoring: .252avg

men on base: .267avg

This makes me want Cespedes but the age difference makes me feel like Upton might be the better choice. Depending on where Scioscia plugs Upton in the lineup maybe it could improve his numbers?

evaluating a guy primarily based on his numbers with RISP is a pretty big error IMO. Cespedes is a contract disaster waiting to happen. 25% strike out rate. That is an astronomically bad/alarming number. Agree that Upton is the better choice. Don't think it's very close either. Edited by UndertheHalo

So that in those 3 years, they can get paid more too?

The more flexibility they have for payroll the next few seasons, the better. They'll be able to extend some players, they'll trade some players, they'll sign vets, and their young stellar rookie crop will start getting their $$$ in extensions and arbitration. 

The larger pool of cheap, controllable players they have to work with, the better they'll be able to afford those extensions or determine who they need to lock up.

Seriously, stop saying he took less.  That is such bullshit.  His agent just advertised the 200m deal to get more money.  I have no doubt that he took the highest offer.

Ok. I'll follow your posts from now on instead of actual baseball writers who have actual inside information.

evaluating a guy primarily based on his numbers with RISP is a pretty big error IMO. Cespedes is a contract disaster waiting to happen. 25% strike out rate. That is an astronomically bad/alarming number. Agree that Upton is the better choice. Don't think it's very close either.

Cespedes 20.9% career K%

Upton 24.9% career K%