• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dombrowski canned by Tigers

His contract was out after this season ...  I'm thinking he wanted out -- you don't let the guy you're going to can run your sell off if that's your intention and you don't replace him with his right hand man going back to his Marlins days...  Don't look now but Bill Stoneman has a relationship with Dombrowski....  A very close one.

Tigers need to rebuild, and that's not Dombrowski's gig, especially at this stage of his career.

I wouldn't entirely be shocked to see him come to an organization like the Angel's. If he does come, than Arte is in a serious win now kind of mode.

Though, I'm not sure he's what the Halos actually need.

Decimates the tigers farm to win now? Check

Signs aging vets to long term deals with lots of dead money on the books? Check

Starting pitching a wreck with few prospects to fill holes? Check

Bullpen a mess and has been for some time? Check

Where do we sign up?

Btw, there isn't an established gm in baseball coming here.

Stick with servais/klentak.

Mike DiGiovanna retweeted

Dave Dombrowski out in Detroit, but #Angels people don't see him landing in Anaheim.

I agree with Doc, I think we're going to see a young up and comer as our next GM, probably Klentak. And I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing.

Decimates the tigers farm to win now? Check

Signs aging vets to long term deals with lots of dead money on the books? Check

Starting pitching a wreck with few prospects to fill holes? Check

Bullpen a mess and has been for some time? Check

Where do we sign up?

Btw, there isn't an established gm in baseball coming here.

Stick with servais/klentak.

I personally hope that they go with Klentak.   

The only thing Dombrowski would do good for the Angels is sign the stars to long term contracts.....he would never let Trout leave, would overpay to keep him an Angel for life. He wont do Edmonds for Kennedy type trades.

Bad example.  Didn't matter who the GM was, Edmonds was going to get kicked out of Anaheim.

The only thing Dombrowski would do good for the Angels is sign the stars to long term contracts.....he would never let Trout leave, would overpay to keep him an Angel for life. He wont do Edmonds for Kennedy type trades.

He has a good track record obviously....but Detroit's pitching has been a mess the last couple of years and they have underachieved to some extent (probably expectations are part of the problem)... letting Scherzer go was a mistake....they have too many big contracts, just like we do with Weaver and CJ......DiPoto did try and help the situation with Skaggs, Santiago, Tropeano and Heaney however...not sure what Dombrowski's thinking was but he hasn't tried to get younger (maybe he has and I haven't noticed it)....

Edited by DMVol

I can envision many gms getting canned for Jerry dipoto lottery sweepstakes

Seriously? I find it hard to believe teams would line up to hire someone who up and quits a few weeks before the trade deadline because they weren't getting their way.

Edited by red321

He has a good track record obviously....but Detroit's pitching has been a mess the last couple of years and they have underachieved to some extent (probably expectations are part of the problem)... letting Scherzer go was a mistake....they have too many big contracts, just like we do with Weaver and CJ......DiPoto did try and help the situation with Skaggs, Santiago, Tropeano and Heaney however...not sure what Dombrowski's thinking was but he hasn't tried to get younger (maybe he has and I haven't noticed it)....

I think Dombrowski may have been dealing with some meddling of his own...  Their owner has one foot in the grave and he's been pretty desperate to win.  The Verlander and Cabrera deals were ugly, but fan favorites and legacy type players, those situations can end up ugly.  That Verlander deal -- just yuck..