• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dombrowski canned by Tigers

Seriously? I find it hard to believe teams would line up to hire someone who up and quits a few weeks before the trade deadline because they weren't getting their way.

Well I guess the Tigers will have a hard time finding a GM since they just did the same thing Dipoto did back to their GM.

One of the worst organizations in baseball.

They traded away their starting rotation for rentals or peanuts.

1. Doug Fister

2. Rick Porcello

3. David Price

4. Max Scherzer (FA)

None of their trades make sense especially in hindsight

I think Dombrowski may have been dealing with some meddling of his own... Their owner has one foot in the grave and he's been pretty desperate to win. The Verlander and Cabrera deals were ugly, but fan favorites and legacy type players, those situations can end up ugly. That Verlander deal -- just yuck..

Mike Ilitch (Little Caeser's guy) has owned that team forever.

1. Doug Fister

2. Rick Porcello

3. David Price

4. Max Scherzer (FA)

Getting out from having to pay Porcello 20 million a season is brilliant. 

and getting Cabrera for almost nothing. Almost none of the prospects they gave the Marlins worked out for them.

Maybin became a glove only/can't hit CFer & Andrew Miller became a good RP after many years failing as a SP with several teams.

1. Doug Fister

2. Rick Porcello

3. David Price

4. Max Scherzer (FA)

Yes, but he was able to lock up Verlander with a long term extension.

Money well spent

Porcello is definitely not worth that kind of money, but the Red Sux are the ones who agreed to pay him that kind of money. 

i disagree

the fact that ownership/the president would allow an environment where players and the skipper feel free to shit all over a GM openly and sometimes publicly isn't a black eye on dipoto, but rather the angels.  it's not like it's a secret in the baseball world, either. 

dipoto will get hired pretty quickly if that's what he wants.  i'd bet that maybe he'll be looking for a higher position for a team or for mlb, though. 

I can see him getting another job in baseball...but I think clubs would be pretty wary to bring him in as GM, at least right now.

We don't know all the ins and outs of what occurred, but what we do know is this...Jerry took his ball and went home a few weeks before the trading deadline for a team that was (and still is) in contention for the playoffs. He didn't stick it out until the end of the year, he didn't bit the bullet and say "screw it, I'm going to do my job until the end of the season and then let there be an orderly transition at the end of the year". He bailed. He quit.

Maybe he did it for personal reasons and his sanity...maybe he just finally said I can't deal with it anymore...totally his choice, but when it comes down to it he just up and walked away from the team in the middle of the season....and I don't think something like that will go unnoticed.