• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Dombrowski canned by Tigers

Boston seems to value him, and I bet that is all Mr Dipoto cares about right now.

He did a good job here, and I fully expect he will do a great job in Boston also

Jerry was hired as a temporary consultant and I don't see any indication that the Red Sox are interested in making the stealth, Jedi, genius an offer to take over their permanent GM position. If he's really that good don't you think the Red Sox would sign him right away? I think that Jerry is more of a scouting type than a GM.

"Jerry was hired as a temporary consultant and I don't see any indication that the Red Sox are interested in making the stealth, Jedi, genius an offer to take over their permanent GM position. If he's really that good don't you think the Red Sox would sign him right away? I think that Jerry is more of a scouting type than a GM. "

Wow, it's pretty cool that we have a poster here who has privilege into the inner workings of the Boston FO. Hopefully you can keep us AND the Angels ahead of what is really going on behind the scenes there.  

"Jerry was hired as a temporary consultant and I don't see any indication that the Red Sox are interested in making the stealth, Jedi, genius an offer to take over their permanent GM position. If he's really that good don't you think the Red Sox would sign him right away? I think that Jerry is more of a scouting type than a GM. "

Wow, it's pretty cool that we have a poster here who has privilege into the inner workings of the Boston FO. Hopefully you can keep us AND the Angels ahead of what is really going on behind the scenes there.

Poll time.....

Who here thinks that Jerry Dipoto will be hired by a MLB team as a permanent GM (not assistant or scouting director or less) with full authority before the baseball season is over?

That's true Strad but I have no ill feelings about Jerry Dipoto. I'm just not sold on the Jedi stealth genius stuff and I don't think that the league is either. We built our own buttercup with Jerry while that guy in Houston did a better job in the same amount of time and with less resources.

and better draft picks and better farm.

Not really fair comparison.

If Arte wanted JD to stay he would've promoted him and gave him full authority. That's what you do with guys you feel that are just too valuable to lose in any organization. Arte obviously didn't feel that JD was worth it.

still going with the narrative that Scioscia drove out JD?  I thought JD left because he went Brad Pitt on the players and the players weren't too happy.

Geez dude...stupid.

You sound severely butthurt that he was hired at all.

No not butthurt but I agreed with Arte on trying to get Friedman. Dipoto just didn't have the resume or the experience we needed at the time of his hiring. He may very well be a decent GM someday but he needs to serve some time under another solid GM first. Arte certainly didn't think enough of him to keep him on board in some capacity.

No not butthurt but I agreed with Arte on trying to get Friedman. Dipoto just didn't have the resume or the experience we needed at the time of his hiring. He may very well be a decent GM someday but he needs to serve some time under another solid GM first. Arte certainly didn't think enough of him to keep him on board in some capacity.

Yes he wanted to keep him on in the same capacity, the one he hired him for.

Poll time.....

Who here thinks that Jerry Dipoto will be hired by a MLB team as a permanent GM (not assistant or scouting director or less) with full authority before the baseball season is over?

That would be a stupid poll with absolute no meaning to it.  

First, how many GM's positions are going to open up before the baseball season is over.

Second, just because he doesn't get hired immediately as a GM for another team doesn't mean he isn't capable and won't in the future.

Personally, I believe JD will work 3 or 4 with a ball club on a lower position like he has now.  But I believe he will eventually be given another shot.  I thought he did a good job, and even his critics have to admit he had some good successes.  I do not think he will be hired as a GM within the next 12 months.  Quitting mid season will give some owners pause, and remember there are only 32 positions available and only a few will open up.

There are already 3 openings, and there will be more as baseball changes.. and the old guard is bumped up to VP's of this and that, and other honorary semi-retirement positions.

Wouldn't surprise me to see a 1/2 dozen new GM's next year baseball wide.

Heck, even Beane might be out of his GM position after this year. Seattle is due for a big change.

Washington too. 

Edited by Homebrewer

Who really cares as to whether Jerry gets another GM job or not... really?

Those who wish to use the performance of whichever team Dipoto ends up working for as evidence to support their preferred narrative regarding Moreno and Scioscia.