• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Bill Stoneman will become the Angels' interim GM.

Didn't Stoneman accept a consulting role with the Angels when he stepped down as GM and has still been an advisor to the team ever since? I think this make sense for an interim position while the seek a long term GM I the offseason. He's familiar with the team.

Yes.  Him and Reagins have been a consultant on the team since they were relieved of their GM duties.  

Well, at least we now know that we can ignore the trade deadline. Stoneman doesn't make trades

The odd thing is that part of a GM's job is to improve a contending team at the deadline. I guess he figures the best options are in the minors. Not sure how long a 71 year old GM will last but he will breeze passed the deadline no problem and has plenty of time for naps.

Make no mistake, Stoneman has been chosen to be a puppet to fill the position until the offseason. It will be Sosh running this team and making the decisions.

Sadly, this team has become the joke of the MLB.

Ok a 71 year old man was hired to be a puppet.

Could have been worse.  Could have been Reagins.  

And anyways, who really thinks the Angels have any shot at signing any high end GM anyways?  

i may not have any experience, but frankly, i'm a bit miffed at your condemnation of my unknown skillset for a job i've never performed.

i'm putting you on my list.

Edited by Tank

Moreno monitors this forum and liked the way I think. I have an interview tomorrow. What should I say?

I'm going with:

1. Left handed bat.

2. Cost controlled pitching.

3. Focus on manufacturing runs.

So far.

Batter's box continuity

I'm assuming there was some young saber metric GM with experience and extensive knowledge of our farm system that was available to start as our GM right now, but we passed on that guy for Stoneman. That's probably why you're all pissed about the Stoneman hire.

I bet that guy would turn down the job.

That's the really shitty part about this situation. Gonna be more difficult to lure candidates for the Angels GM job.  

I'm assuming there was some young saber metric GM with experience and extensive knowledge of our farm system that was available to start as our GM right now, but we passed on that guy for Stoneman. That's probably why you're all pissed about the Stoneman hire.

I hope you're sarcastically referring to Dipoto as that young sabermetric GM.