• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Bill Stoneman will become the Angels' interim GM.

No, it isn't.  His loyality is being proven towards his friend right now by helping him out.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Cut the BS about his being in it to help his friend, Disney hired Stoneman, not Moreno.   I don't doubt the two are close after all these years but he's hardly a yes man.  Bill Stoneman was pretty widely respected for his ability to put front offices together.  He was for all intents and purposes the "king maker" in Montreal, twice passing up the opportunity to be the GM because of his family.  Dan Duquette, Dave Dombrowski, Jim Beatie, and Kevin Malone were all hand picked by Stoneman to serve as GM of of the Expos and it was at his recommendation that Larry Beinfest was brought in after he left.   Sure he's someone Moreno is familiar with but he may just be the best person available to help find the next GM of this franchise -- for all we know he may have been one of the people involved in picking Dipoto. 

Stoneman could have passed on this opportunity he has nothing to prove at his age. The fact they had a seasoned GM in house is a good thing for the interim time period considering they are closing in on the trade deadline.

With an interim GM who is known for not making trades???  Yes, very good.

Another overpaid free agent signing???

i was more saying it sarcastically, but yes.

Reality is theres no help coming from the farm. We likely lose aybar after this year, as well as iannetta (even though hes sucked this year). Their replacements internally arent much more promising. We still need another outfielder, and going bt this year and the second half, calhoun isnt as good as we hoped (but not ready to write him off). We obviously need something...and theres not a lot out there.

To claim a 71 year old man who hired Mike and who won a World Series as a GM is a yes man and will take orders from Sosh is basically you looking for another reason to hate Sosh. He's given you plenty of material that you don't have to conjure up nonsense.

You and I can go back and forth on this all night.  

Let me say this:  I hope you are right.  I only want the team to win.  I don't care who is the GM, manager or players.  

Just F'n win.

i was more saying it sarcastically, but yes.

Reality is theres no help coming from the farm. We likely lose aybar after this year, as well as iannetta (even though hes sucked this year). Their replacements internally arent much more promising. We still need another outfielder, and going bt this year and the second half, calhoun isnt as good as we hoped (but not ready to write him off). We obviously need something...and theres not a lot out there.

Aybar isn't a FA until after 2016.

I was a harsh critic. I celebrated when he resigned. Four years of Reagins and i apologized for every negative thing i said about the man.

Not necessarily. You could be an honest yes man. I wasnt following the Angels during Stoneman. Did he suck? Lots of wins in those years.

Didn't Stoneman accept a consulting role with the Angels when he stepped down as GM and has still been an advisor to the team ever since? I think this make sense for an interim position while the seek a long term GM I the offseason. He's familiar with the team.

Yes, that's true.  I've seen him every year at Spring Training, and passed him a number of times at Angel Stadium.

Stoneman is a yes man because a guy named various crap says so. AW Fact.

Ahem...

"This is Mike Scioscia’s team – today, like perhaps never before – and everything else is mostly just for looks.

So, when the Angels finally got around to announcing that former GM Bill Stoneman would be returning to the job and taking over for Dipoto, it generally was understood that it would’ve been more cost efficient and just as practical for them to have hired a puppet."

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/dipoto-669792-angels-one.html

Edited by VariousCrap