• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Bill Stoneman will become the Angels' interim GM.

I'm assuming there was some young saber metric GM with experience and extensive knowledge of our farm system that was available to start as our GM right now, but we passed on that guy for Stoneman. That's probably why you're all pissed about the Stoneman hire.

I guess the optimist in me says he's only being brought in to groom Klentak, who gets the job after the season....

Hoping that as well.

Everyone is doing a lot of speculating. For all we know Arte does truly get that more stats and analyses are the future, and that's why he stuck with Dipoto as long as he did, but there may have simply been such a gap between his and Scioscia's working personalities, not philosophies, that it was not salvageable. Hell, I'm sort of going through the same thing with a band I manage. I'm very heavy on as results, stats, analytical information, trying to find answers and paths in numbers, and they're a little more old-school. Make good music, play good shows, the rest falls in. Neither is wrong, but simply because there is a difference, there's friction, and eventually, the other sides stance can get too aggravating - even if you agree with it in principle.

It's all speculation. Enjoy the game and see what happens next.

We'll see. The Cowboy and Jackie, and Disney, never had the kind of money that Arte is willing to spend (or eat).

Arte has much reason to build some good will and positive vibe around the team.

Lets say Arte give him the checkbook....what will he buy?

We'll see. The Cowboy and Jackie, and Disney, never had the kind of money that Arte is willing to spend (or eat).

Arte has much reason to build some good will and positive vibe around the team.

Lets say Arte give him the checkbook....what will he buy?

Gary Matthews Jr. comes to mind when Stoneman has an open checkbook, but that might have been pressure from the organization and fanbase to make a move.

Didn't Stoneman accept a consulting role with the Angels when he stepped down as GM and has still been an advisor to the team ever since? I think this make sense for an interim position while the seek a long term GM I the offseason. He's familiar with the team.