• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Breaking: Bill Stoneman will become the Angels' interim GM.

Mike DiGiovanna ‏@MikeDiGiovanna 6m6 minutes ago

Bill Stoneman, 71, on #Angels GM job: "Hopefully I have the energy and my mind still works well enough to do it."

Lol at this FO

haha i saw that earlier today and couldn't get on the board to post it until now. Makes me laugh at the idea the whole org is trolling this board just for the lolz.

This is how I will answer you every time:

"This is Mike Scioscia’s team – today, like perhaps never before – and everything else is mostly just for looks.

So, when the Angels finally got around to announcing that former GM Bill Stoneman would be returning to the job and taking over for Dipoto, it generally was understood that it would’ve been more cost efficient and just as practical for them to have hired a puppet."

http://www.ocregiste...angels-one.html

Miller is a hack.

Regardless his three run homer gave them the lead in game five. No team wants to go on the road for games 6 and 7. Also back then the Metrodome had a crazy home field advantage, something about it being kinda dark and the roof blending in with the ball.

Yeah, that place was a house of horrors.

I'm fine with it.  It sounds like he wants to work with Klentak and Servais.  Perfect as long as Mike is onboard.  If for some reason team catches fire the rest of season, it may be difficult to let Mike go (or for him to leave).  Then keep the interim GM team in place one more year.  If the team fizzles dump Scioscia (encourage him to move on)  after season over and install new GM, manager and coaches. 

Once in a while interim situations work out suprisingly well.   Dump it when the winning stops.  Including Scioscia.

A great under statement

BTW, the Scioscia hiring was initially met with claims it was just a "cheap" hire and another in a long line of moves by the Angels hoping to ride the coattails of the team up the freeway.

People have seriously forgotten how bad the situation was in Anaheim when Stoneman took over...

If Scioscia actually is in charge over Stoneman, you guys shouldn't worry about the team being reluctant to trade prospects.

Scioscia wants the big league team improved, like yesterday.

Every manager does. Managers don't care about the future as much as GMs do.

But Jeff......the narrative............