• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

OK, buddy. I guess fundamentalists are accepting of different sexual preferences and don't care about "sodomy". My bad.

Bryan Fischer: "sodomy-based marriage." Yeah, he doesn't care what others do in their bedroom.

By the way, mt, stop claiming that I'm dissing Christianity. I'm only dissing fundamentalism and, to a lesser extent, evangelicals. Last time I checked, evangelicals were only about half of all Christians in the US, and fundamentalists even less.

You quote one person and then make a blanket statement based on one person.  You are constantly making statements that demean those who disagree with your point of view.  I honestly doubt you know any evangelicals or at least you haven't ever taken the time listen to their point of view.

mt isn't wrong. You need to be more careful on how you phrase things, AJ. For instance, prop 8 was evidence that it wasn't only the religious right who opposed gay marriage. Minorities also held back the movement. If you had used the word "mainly" instead, I doubt anyone would have taken issue with that. And your comment yesterday made it appear like you were insulting the intelligence Christian fundamentalists in general, even if that's not what you meant.

You can generalize about Christians. Generally speaking, Christians prioritize marriage and family as an idea and as important to society. Liberals think of marriage as a social construct and completely optional. Traditional marriage has usually been disparaged by leftists, either as square and unhip or oppressive and undemocratic, especially by feminists. Gay marriage is good. In fact, it's better. Look at how gay marriage has been portrayed in the media compared to strait marriage. 

You can generalize about Christians. Generally speaking, Christians prioritize marriage and family as an idea and as important to society. Liberals think of marriage as a social construct and completely optional. Traditional marriage has usually been disparaged by leftists, either as square and unhip or oppressive and undemocratic, especially by feminists. Gay marriage is good. In fact, it's better. Look at how gay marriage has been portrayed in the media compared to strait marriage.

This post, this post right here sums up your posting history here in the last month.

Juan Savage, the champion for conservatives.

First, I sincerely don't want to hate or even say that somebody is wrong. I just want to provide a point of view that I think is the best way to run a country. The first thing to realize is that unless it's pure ignorance, like a cargo cult or something, or people proceed from false premises, like Nazis thinking that Germans were on top of evolution and it was inevitable and right to dominate or eliminate inferior people, most have good reasons for believing things.

Let's take this issue. People who believe in sexual liberation think they're providing people with more paths to happiness and less judgmentalism that hurts people's feelings. Conservatives think that their way of conducting business would lead to more, longer marriages; more children and children with parents; growth; and an ultimately happier nation. it just so happens that the conservative version is tougher sell at this point in history primarily because the nation is wealthy and people can go on vacation a lot and bone lots of people without consequences.

Gay marriage is a stupid societal decision that will lead to confusion, less kids with their mother and father and less kids in general. You can see that in sexual liberal places in the West, there are huge demographic problems partially alleviated with immigration and the loss of a marriage culture.

But, Love Wins!

Edited by Juan Savage

Can someone please explain to me the neocons view that this ruling means Christians will be persecuted?  This ruling is moot to me, I will still go to church and believe Jesus Christ is my savior and who cares. I know what the bible says and believe it is God's job to judge and not mans.  So now it is a sign of end-of-times again for the zillionth time. And who's mind comes up with ideas like what is next, we will marry our kids.  Sick shit from people who need to just chill out. Thanks FOX News.  

Can someone please explain to me the neocons view that this ruling means Christians will be persecuted?  This ruling is moot to me, I will still go to church and believe Jesus Christ is my savior and who cares. I know what the bible says and believe it is God's job to judge and not mans.  So now it is a sign of end-of-times again for the zillionth time. And who's mind comes up with ideas like what is next, we will marry our kids.  Sick shit from people who need to just chill out. Thanks FOX News.  

For years, the left has been equating disapproval of homosexuality with racial bigotry. Right now, colleges can't receive federal money if they have a disapproved racial policy. People who refuse to participate in something they believe is degrading will be forced to cooperate. Churches who receive grant money or work in fields like adoption will not be able to participate. Schools will teach that sodomy is an equal to the procreative act. 

That's just the government. 

That's a funny position to take. Should Churches have fought against slavery like they did or should they have just left it up to God to judge slave owners?

Can someone please explain to me why neolib blacks hate gays?  I don't understand it. 

This is a good question.  Lots of black churches in the south do hate gays.  Thing is they are only labeled as libs because they are black and stereotyped as dependant on the government when they really may not be libs at all. 

But you are correct Geoff in your quote with the Confederate flag going down and the Rainbow flag going up. 

Edited by Kurt Swanson

I hate to be condescending, but I feel that I must explain how analogies work: According to the post I quoted, God should judge, not man, which I took to mean that religious people shouldn't bring their morality into public issues and that we should be content to let God make the judgments. I then asked if he thought the same about Christians entering the slavery debate. If he thought that was OK, then his problem is with the issue, not whether religious people should bring their insights into politics. I have isolated his problem.

It would be like comparing people who are attracted sexually to the same sex with skin color. Everybody knows that sex and skin color aren't the same thing, but people are trying to say that public preference for heterosexual relationships is the same as Jim Crow laws.

Do you see this point? This is an honest question. I would like to know if you think analogizing two different things that share some similarity means saying that they're the same thing.