• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

Phil, I'm going to respectfully disagree. IMO, the point of the 14th Amendment is that one group of people doesn't have the right to vote on the equality of another group of people.

Granted, I'm not a lawyer or judge.

But what if the Supreme Court issued a decision you didn't agree with? What if, for example, they said that the unborn have the right to life and all abortion is unlawful? Would you, at that point, believe that 9 judges are best equipped to make decisions which impact the other 320 million of us? Would you not be calling for states, through their citizens, to have the right to decide their own abortion policy?

I'll be honest, despite my weiner-centric posts, I'm no homo and although I support homos and their fanciness and prancing and silly talking and women-like backstabbing and gossiping, the best part of this ruling is watching old Christians lose their shit.

Don't sell yourself short. You're a tremendous homo

LOL at "sodomy-based marriage." It is hard to believe that people like this actually exist...oh bet then I watch Fox News and remember.

Anthony Kennedy's closing paragraph

kennedy_2.png.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.png

No matter your sexual preference, I just do not view that the majority the nation views marriage in the words that Justice Kennedy used.  Maybe I am being a cynic, but something that ends 50% of the time in separation means that sacrifice and two people becoming greater than they once were was never realized.  Just my thoughts.  I really do like his words and that paragraph a lot, I just wish everyone in any type of marriage, both gay and straight, could use that union to become greater.  It seems we as a country are missing out on that.  

But what if the Supreme Court issued a decision you didn't agree with? What if, for example, they said that the unborn have the right to life and all abortion is unlawful? Would you, at that point, believe that 9 judges are best equipped to make decisions which impact the other 320 million of us? Would you not be calling for states, through their citizens, to have the right to decide their own abortion policy?

I don't think I understand the question. I have disagreed with a lot of Supreme Court decisions. Are you asking what I would think if the Supreme Court made a decision based on the premise that a group I disagree with getting?

Edited by eaterfan

Would you, at that point, believe that 9 judges are best equipped to make decisions which impact the other 320 million of us?

I'm having a hard time comprehending how a woman getting an abortion or two women wanting to marry each other would impact your life.

mtangelsfan, I hear you about the dilemma of specific churches and whether or not they should be forced to rent out their space for gay weddings. As some have said, I don't understand why a gay couple would want to go to a church with a negative view on homosexuality. But what will inevitably occur is some gay couple will see an opportunity to make a buck and try to sue a church that they know won't marry them.

I don't understand why a gay couple would need a wedding at a specific church that has negative views on homosexuality. Why not get married at a Unitarian church or a place other than a church?

there are always people who feel like they need to 'fix' others' point of view. i'm sure we haven't heard the end of this, and it's just a matter of time until a gay couple purposely chooses a church that they know won't allow them to use it for a gay wedding. 

This is a great day for people who think all divisive belief systems should lose their tax exempt status.

I'm willing to bet most churches will open their doors to same sex marriages. Churches are all about that $$$$$$$

churches are going to be more about not getting sued. and i think it's fair to say that any church needs to make sure they can pay their bills. to say they all are about $$$$ is patently untrue.

LOL at "sodomy-based marriage." It is hard to believe that people like this actually exist...oh bet then I watch Fox News and remember.

boy, you just can't resist taking shots at Christians, can you? 

I'm having a hard time comprehending how a woman getting an abortion or two women wanting to marry each other would impact your life.

Where did I say that it does? Before you ignorantly put words in my mouth again, why don't you go back and read my posts.

there are always people who feel like they need to 'fix' others' point of view. i'm sure we haven't heard the end of this, and it's just a matter of time until a gay couple purposely chooses a church that they know won't allow them to use it for a gay wedding. 

Assholism does not discriminate.  

Only stupid (fundamentalist) Christians, like the Bryan Fischers of the world. I know many Christians who would be appalled by what he said.

You are patently stupid if you think fundamentalist Christians are stupid in general.  I know hundreds personally that are smarter and more reasonable than you.

Is that how you decide laws? For example, assuming you work, how will cutting welfare impact your life? Would somebody marrying their dog and killing their one-year old impact your life?

Most people decide laws on the common good and what they think its right.