• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

SCOTUS: Same Sex Marriage Legal Nationwide

mtangelsfan, I hear you about the dilemma of specific churches and whether or not they should be forced to rent out their space for gay weddings. As some have said, I don't understand why a gay couple would want to go to a church with a negative view on homosexuality. But what will inevitably occur is some gay couple will see an opportunity to make a buck and try to sue a church that they know won't marry them.

I don't understand why a gay couple would need a wedding at a specific church that has negative views on homosexuality. Why not get married at a Unitarian church or a place other than a church?

I couldn't disagree more with this decision. I think states should get to decide this issue, not 9 completely out of touch (mostly) senior citizens.

On a personal level, I have no objection whatsoever to gay marriage. The last time I had the chance to vote on the issue, I voted in favor of it. I just don't think the courts should be deciding this issue.

Phil, I'm going to respectfully disagree. IMO, the point of the 14th Amendment is that one group of people doesn't have the right to vote on the equality of another group of people.

Granted, I'm not a lawyer or judge.

Edited by eaterfan

I guess those folks will be joining Eddie Vedder, Stephen Baldwin, Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, etc. etc. etc.  All of whom they said they'd move if their guy/gal didn't win.  

Man ... is American politics Canada's number 1 source of recruiting? 

I guess those folks will be joining Eddie Vedder, Stephen Baldwin, Alec Baldwin, Tina Fey, etc. etc. etc. All of whom they said they'd move if their guy/gal didn't win.

Man ... is American politics Canada's number 1 source of recruiting?

Just got back from Vancouver. One of my cab drivers was threatening to move to the US if Harper won reelection.

This is a great day for people who think all divisive belief systems should lose their tax exempt status.

I'm willing to bet most churches will open their doors to same sex marriages. Churches are all about that $$$$$$$

What a blanket moronic statement.