• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

.186, .184, .213, .186, .143, .192, .118

ill be good if we finish the month near .500. Still entirely possible.  As far as these hitters go though, i mean...we have a lot of guys that arent good. Giavotella (put me firmly in the not buying column) CJ Cron (still hoping but really no reason to be optimistic about him being anything other then a low avg/obp guy with the singular tool of power) Aybar (a fine player, but not by any means an impact bat) Freese (completely unreliable) . half the line up is poor. The other half is pretty decent. Its not what I would describe as balanced. It is what it is. Hopefully DiPoto can get us a real 2b earlier then later.

The thing that puzzles me and always has is the uncanny knack for all of these guys to somehow suck all at the same time.  

We have the best player in the game, a couple of very good players, and a collection of solid guys otherwise.  Guys who fill roles.  We don't need all of them to be at their best at all times, it's just odd to me that so many of them can be so far from that all at once.  

And for the record, it's not coaching.  

It could be process which would include everyone from the top down.  

You guys realize if the Angels had 10 more hits (less than one a game) they would be hitting the major league average?

You realize that one more hit in a game could be the difference from losing by one run and winning by one run?

I get what you're saying Jeff, but the fact is they are currently 26th in batting average, which has certainly contributed to their losing record thus far. It will of course improve given how many regulars are hitting below their career average, but it is still frustrating to watch as a fan, which I take as the main point of threads like these.... fans of the Angels venting about the poor performance of the team in a very young MLB season.

A glance at the standings shows that we're one game behind first place. Shoemaker goes tonight against a pitcher with a 7.27 ERA.

Yeah, but it's against the As, so expect us to struggle to score two runs.

Yes, Hatcher was so good that he has had multiple teams interested in him as hitting coach. Give me a break. I want nothing do with a hitting coach that says walks are a false stat. First off, that is factually incorrect, as walks and OBP are both actual statistics, and secondly, that implies that a walk does not have any value. If anybody, not named TrollDaddy, actually want Hatcher back as hitting coach, I would be shocked.

Did I say I wanted him back anywhere in my post? I just feel he deserves more respect for his work as a Angel that most here give him.

Edited by Troll Daddy

Did I say I wanted him back anywhere in my post? I just feel he deserves more respect for his work as a Angel that most here give him.

Does Josh Hamilton deserve more respect for his work as an Angel since his BA would likely be higher than 70% of the lineup?

My point is that this is a ridiculously small sample size to be at all predictive, which is all that matter since the past is over.

Yes, it would have been better if the Angels had those extra hits. However, they didn't and it's over and no amount of worrying or lamenting will change that.

What's fair to worry about is whether the stats indicate that there is a problem that demands some kind of action (changing the batting order, firing the hitting coach, using different players, etc)

To that, I say the answer is no.

If you just wanna feel bad because "look how bad we hit in the first 12 games," I suggest that you could just go back further and say "look how good we hit in 2014."

Neither tells you what's going to happen, but Id say 2014 has a better chance of being accurate than 12 games in 2015.

Edited by Jeff Fletcher

Mike S managed teams stink in April and that's that. Doesn't matter who the players are, doesn't matter who the coaches are. Doesn't matter if they fared well during spring training or not.

Once the gate opens, they are off at a snails pace.

so he tells them to suck?

This isn't a Scioscia issue, this is a Dipoto issue.

He traded away a central part of the lineup and did nothing to shore it up.

He also bet on the pitching being as good as it was last season even though the probability of that happening had to be really low.  For one thing Jepsen is gone and he was the third best reliever on the team last year.  Richards is coming off a major leg injury, Shoe was coming off a season where he blew the doors of expectations.  Santiago was always just an ok SP.

This is a 75-85 win team at best.