• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We know it....

DMVol

U guys selectively state we have played poorly against oakland seattle and baltimore but fail to remenmber that we played solid against detroit kc and toronto.

Our pitching has been solid, our bullpen lights out until recently.

Whats for sure is that our offense has sucked horribly for weeks. Trout has a chance to cement his legend status now and he is failing. Pujols and josh need to help him and they suck too.

Thats what needs to change.

At least LA has the dodgers, they never lose to other playoff teams.

Signed,

The NL Central and Giants

(I say that because I know theres a large majority on here who believe the first part)

Blasphemy! haha.  Dodgers definitely have struggled against good teams.  Not quite as much as the Angels, but have definitely benefited from playing the Padres, Rockies and D-backs.

So, the Angels have to fly cross country on short rest to cap off a ten game road trip with zero days off.  They have to deal with the gut-check of losing their top pitcher... an extremely popular player in the clubhouse to boot.  But wait, there's more.... they have to take a late flight and get in at 4 AM to face a team that had two off days in seven, a team that had the luxury of setting up their pitching staff for this series.  When it's all said and done they lose 5-3, 2-1, before winning the final game of the trip to go 7-3 on the road.   Some fans like to call that "pathetic".

Edited by Inside Pitch

So, the Angels have to fly cross country on short rest to cap off a ten game road trip with zero days off.  They have to deal with the gut-check of losing their top pitcher... an extremely popular player in the clubhouse to boot.  But wait, there's more.... they have to take a late flight and get in at 4 AM to face a team that had two off days in seven, a team that had the luxury of setting up their pitching staff for this series.  When it's all said and done they lose 5-3, 2-1, before winning the final game of the trip to go 7-3 on the road.   Some fans like to call that "pathetic".

Well, I started the thread and I'll take ownership.....Never understood why "venting" is viewed as such a sin by the self annointed "superfans" on this board....tough loss Saturday night and it resulted in lots of venting....as long as it isn't downright silly or juvenile (and most of the thread wasn't, although some of it certainly was), I think it's a pretty normal fan reaction...more than Fri/Sat, Oakland has had our number for awhile and the cumulative effect of that kicked in Saturday night (at least it did with me)....but if it makes you feel better or superior to profess what a "superfan" you are, have at it....we all love our team....

Well, I started the thread and I'll take ownership.....Never understood why "venting" is viewed as such a sin by the self annointed "superfans" on this board....tough loss Saturday night and it resulted in lots of venting....as long as it isn't downright silly or juvenile (and most of the thread wasn't, although some of it certainly was), I think it's a pretty normal fan reaction...more than Fri/Sat, Oakland has had our number for awhile and the cumulative effect of that kicked in Saturday night (at least it did with me)....but if it makes you feel better or superior to profess what a "superfan" you are, have at it....we all love our team....

STFU...   You can vent all you want..   Save the superfan card for someone that's calling you out for not being a fan.   If you can vent then others can react to the constant idiocy, it's a two way street ... what is it you can't understand? For all your acting like you're so above others you're actually whining about people who have a different perspective.  

Calling this team pathetic is pathetic...  Anyone that dishes the crap out but then doesn't want to hear anyone respond in kind is pathetic too.  This pathetic need to have an unopposed view is the completely chickenshit.  

Spare me the self righteous BS, you're not smart enough to pull it off if anything you're exposing your own concerns that your comments might be lumped in with some of the stupidity spewed in this thread.  

On the plus side, maybe your post can serve as some sort of rallying cry for others who share your us vs. them mentality.

Edited by Inside Pitch

STFU...   You can vent all you want..   Save the superfan card for someone that's calling you out for not being a fan.   If you can vent then others can react to the constant idiocy, it's a two way street not sure what it is you can't understand but maybe you are just slow.  For all your acting like you're so above others you're actually whining about people who have a different perspective.  

Calling this team pathetic is pathetic...  Anyone that dish the crap out but then doesn't want to hear anyone respond in kind is pathetic too.  Spare me the self righteous BS, you're not smart enough to pull it off.

When I started the thread, I said that Oakland has our number...they do, that's not up for debate....up to us to change that tune and last night was a good start....beyond that, I have no problem with your perspective (your posts are normally pretty reasonable) but if you feel compelled to be an asswipe at me to make a point, have at it....having a different perspective doesn't mean being a total asswipe....Venting at your team, at least to me, seems a little different than venting at other posters...But, I'm a big boy and I can take it so vent away....

When I started the thread, I said that Oakland has our number...they do, that's not up for debate....up to us to change that tune and last night was a good start....beyond that, I have no problem with your perspective (your posts are normally pretty reasonable) but if you feel compelled to be an asswipe at me to make a point, have at it....having a different perspective doesn't mean being a total asswipe....Venting at your team, at least to me, seems a little different than venting at other posters...But, I'm a big boy and I can take it so vent away....

So to recap..  You felt the need to try to claim I was being a superfan, a term that is as toxic (but masked in the same "PC" level of safety) as "white boy" and then you act like a raging feline when I call you on it.

If Im an asswipe, what's that make you?    You are hardly a big boy, you're a lightweight that is trying to come off as superior while whining about what you perceive to be is others acting as superior.  Like I said, save the self righteous BS for someone who might better be able to pull it off.

BTW, do you understand the concept of hypocrisy?  You claim it's okay to vent at your team but not okay to vent at actual posters and yet -- you popped off in response to me for doing nothing other than pointing out the actual conditions the team played under and the reality that some people chose to call the team "pathetic"  At what point did I single you or anything you said out?  Is this your way of saying you also think this team is pathetic?  Please show me where it is I attacked you directly.

Practice what you preach or STFU...  

Edited by Inside Pitch

So to recap..  You felt the need to try to claim I was being a superfan, a term that is as toxic (but masked in the same "PC" level of safety) as "white boy" and then you act like a raging feline when I call you on it.

If Im an asswipe, what's that make you?    You are hardly a big boy, you're a lightweight that is trying to come off as superior while whining about what you perceive to be is others acting as superior.  Like I said, save the self righteous BS for someone who might better be able to pull it off.

BTW, do you understand the concept of hypocrisy?  You claim it's okay to vent at your team but not okay to vent at actual posters and yet -- you popped off in response to me for doing nothing other than pointing out the actual conditions the team played under and the reality that some people chose to call the team "pathetic"  At what point did I single you or anything you said out?  Is this your way of saying you also think this team is pathetic?  Please show me where it is I attacked you directly.

Practice what you preach or STFU...  

I certainly vented at the team IP but I didn't vent at you or anybody else until I responded to your thread today....I guess I took your post personally since I started the thread (which violated my rule not to post after a bad loss)....Lots of the posts in this thread were stupid and attacked other posters so maybe that's who you were singling out rather than me (again, when I started the thread I said the A's owned us, didn't say anything else)....I still don't see where I'm a hypocrite if I vent at my team but don't care for personal attacks on other posters (which got me started with you today, perhaps unfairly to you)....But, it's all good....and I won't be posting after a tough loss again, I promise..

I'm trying to catch up here.  

Do we still suck and do we still need to fire Don Baylor?

Don Baylor hasn't been here long enough to make that determination. Scioscia, Butcher and Disarcina should be replaced though.

Hey... the Angels are in first place - can we have a group hug now?

Absolutely....so long as IP doesn't demand my fan card if I vent after a bad loss....I'm not normally AO (who I do find entertaining) but I do vent occasionally....