• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We know it....

DMVol

With all this focus on the A's, let's not forget we have 7 games remaining against Seattle during the final two weeks of the season.

Minnesota is no pushover either, if their offensive explosion against Detroit this weekend is any indication.

The schedule is no walk in the park.

Edited by fan_since79

I hear ya, Glen.

Don Baylor will always be one of my favorite Halos ever for his career as a player and team leader and his work away from the field.

But it is frustrating to see what the offense has become since the ASB. And unfortunately, he has to share in the responsibility.

If Mickey Hatcher was still the hitting coach, we'd be inundated with posts calling for him to be fired.  

That said, you're not gonna change horses this close to the end of the stream, but for next year...

No I'm not "that mad" I'm just annoyed by the idiots that cry doomsday.

You are obviously too young to have lived through the Gene Mauch eras.  For those of us who have, we recognize that opportunities for teams to seize control of their destiny only come around once in a while.  The Angels had such an opportunity in this series and they shit the bed.  Oakland now has the momentum, swagger and the experience to know that they can beat the Angels.  Thanks to this pathetic performance, one team has confidence while the other has doubts.

This series will have lingering effects and may shape the rest of the year unless the Angels can do something today. 

Pretty damn frustrating, the last 2 games, especially losing on a wild pitch. The offense continues to sputter, although you have to give Lester some credit for yesterday. I hate watching us lose to Chokeland. But since we suck with the bats right now, we're pretty evenly matched with them, and somebody gotta win.

As tempting as a knee-jerk reaction is, I refuse to project my hatred of our current record against them, or my hatred of our offensive non-productivity, into the rest of the season or the playoffs. Too many things can happen. You know that.   

I guess I started this mess so I can reflect on the thread, a day after a tough loss.....no question but the A's have our number...much like we had their number and the Rangers number from 02-09....that's a fact and they do know it and I think we do too....but somebody, Weaver would be nice, needs to change the narrative....not sure we'll ever get our 02-09 "swag" back but somehow, we need to punch them in the mouth...and soon....

Who said it's over? I said they've looked unprepared and haven't executed like playoff vets. Where in my previous sentence did I say I'd given up hope for the rest of the season? Quit getting drunk on hyperbole and go sleep it off somewhere.

Edited by Mark68

What's even more pathetic than the Angels record against the A's is the fact you guys stay up until 3 am complaining about it.

Personally, I volunteer at SF general in the ED and didn't get home until after midnight, showered, ate some food, did some fantasy football research and then came on here right before I went to bed.  I certainly wasn't up specifically to complain about the Angels game.

If the Angels win tonight, they will regain their lead of the division. Then they play the A's in a 4 game series at home. Right now they are starting to put doubts into my mind, and obviously everyone else's that they have what it takes to compete in the playoffs. However, Oakland is a very good team, and an especially good home team. I had hoped that the Angels could go in there and take 2 of 3 but I guess realistically that was just not happening.

It's frustrating as hell. And disappointing. But even if the Angels lose tonight, they will be just 1 game out of first. They were 4 games out of first and got to 2 games ahead within about 12 days without playing a single game against Oakland. Hopefully they just continue to do what they've done all year: Beat the absolute shit out of the crappy teams.

The slump seems to coincide almost exactly with Baylor's return. If I remember correctly, he returned right before we played the Astros and Rangers before the break; we mashed in those two series, though a lot of that was probably due to the momentum we were already riding at the time and the fact that those 2 teams have terrible pitching, then promptly went into a coma after the break and haven't woken up since. Makes me wonder if he decided to fix what wasn't broken. 

If we play the Astros and Rangers again the offense might come back if you know what I mean!

In all seriousness, the A's have owned the Angels the past three years, and until/unless that changes, it's hard to imagine the Angels ending up on top of the division. I seems like whenever the Halos get to the Mausoleum, they get spooked. Add to this that the offense has been total crap since the All-Star Break, and you get a team that is, on paper, much better than the A's that just cannot seem to get over the hump against them.

Please prove me wrong, Angels. I dare you!

The A's have great starting pitching. No starter has an ERA over 3.34. The Angels have just one guy under 3.34 and he just blew out his knee. On paper, the A's pitching kills the Angels and they have scored more runs, too.

Luckily, we don't play the games on paper and we're tied with them anyway!

Of all the things that frustrate me about Mike Scioscia, it would have to be years like this one. Everything seems to be clicking, and you'd think we were a World Series team by the month of June, then everything begins to unravel and look like the failures of seasons past.

Any greatness displayed by this team is short-lived -- which suggests Scioscia has no idea what works and what doesn't. He's woefully incapable of lighting a fire under this team when it's needed most.

Trout, Pujols and Hamilton suck. That isn't Scioscias fault

I feel pretty good. We SUCKED last year. it was hard to watch and it was embarrassing. 

We just lost 2 very close games IN Oakland (where we have generally struggled mightily) and we are TIED FOR FIRST. We knew we had to win in Boston just for this reason- and we did- and here we are still in good position. We would be back 2 games if we hadn't won that series. 

It could be so much worse. 

I'm not going to start crying unless the 4 home games against the A's go really poorly next weekend. 

Edited by CJ Wilson's Necklaces

I feel pretty good. We SUCKED last year. it was hard to watch and it was embarrassing. 

We just lost 2 very close games IN Oakland (where we have generally struggled mightily) and we are TIED FOR FIRST. We knew we had to win in Boston just for this reason- and we did- and here we are still in good position. We would be back 2 games if we hadn't won that series. 

It could be so much worse. 

I'm not going to start crying unless the 4 home games against the A's go really poorly next weekend. 

Its much more than just these last few games. Look at how bad the Angels record is against the As and Os, two teams they are sure to see if they make the playoffs, Hard to be optimistic when they have been owned by both teams this year. 

What's even more pathetic than the Angels record against the A's is the fact you guys stay up until 3 am complaining about it.

What's even more pathetic is the fact that you think that since your life is structured in a way where you aren't on a website at 3am you think you're better than people who are. Not everyone works 9-5. Some people have trouble sleeping. Stop acting like your cool because you're asleep at 3am.