• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We know it....

DMVol

Oh my god shut the **** up. We are tied for our division. Before the season, most of you would have been ecstatic to be here at this point. It's not like we have gotten blown out the past two games, the A's have simply won at home, that is what playoff caliber teams are supposed to do.

Shut the **** up with the idiotic "we aren't ready for prime time." We have the best record in baseball...nobody expected that. Jesus ****ing Christ quit the ****ing bitching and have some ****ing hope.

1007.gif

In what universe? He hasn't had an ERA or WHIP as good as he did as a starter in Texas and that's AFTER leaving the band box they play in. 2013 was pretty good, but one out of three seasons doesn't give him a pass.

In the universe where their are facts.

In 2013 he was 17-7 with a 3.39 ERA which placed him 13th best in the American League. That would mean that in a league of 15 teams he is the ACE of at least three of them. He also pitched 212 innings making him a reliable and effective workhorse.

In 2012 he had a 3.93 ERA landing him 15th best in the AL. Okay, he is a number 2 starter now for any team in the league and again over 200 innings pitched and the most starts of any AL pitcher.

2012 his salary was $10 million

2013 his salary was $11 million

That is a freaking bargain.

In 2013 he was 17-7 with a 3.39 ERA which placed him 13th best in the American League. That would mean that in a league of 15 teams he is the ACE of at least three of them. He also pitched 212 innings making him a reliable and effective workhorse.

In 2012 he had a 3.93 ERA landing him 15th best in the AL. Okay, he is a number 2 starter now for any team in the league and again over 200 innings pitched and the most starts of any AL pitcher.

That doesn't tell the whole story though.  You know that. 

Not sure how anyone can honestly call Wilson a bargain. He isn't. And he has been a huge disappointment compared to what he did with the Rangers.

Wilson's ERA- with the Rangers:

2010: 76

2011: 68

With the Angels:

2012: 99

2013: 89

2014: 125

Bargain? Not a way worse pitcher than with Texas? Hahaha.

Oh my god shut the **** up. We are tied for our division. Before the season, most of you would have been ecstatic to be here at this point. It's not like we have gotten blown out the past two games, the A's have simply won at home, that is what playoff caliber teams are supposed to do.

Shut the **** up with the idiotic "we aren't ready for prime time." We have the best record in baseball...nobody expected that. Jesus ****ing Christ quit the ****ing bitching and have some ****ing hope.

I guess we should take hope with our 3-8 record because we're not getting blown out. I didn't realize those non-blowouts counted differently.

I don't let myself get carried away with these past two games..I believe these are two great teams battling it out..but I came up here to Oakland for these 2 games..and the angels don't seem right..is it the pressure? The noise? It seems like they have an "I'm scared to mess a play/atbat/pitch up" look...

Edited by martinpa25

He's hovered around replacement level 2 out of his 3 years in an Angels uniform according to B-Ref after putting up back-to-back 4.4+ WAR seasons with the Rangers. His one good year was 2013 when he put up 3.3 WAR but he still struggled mightily with control and allowed too many baserunners that year as evidenced by his 1.34 WHIP. His AAV over the 5 years is $15.5M. If I'm paying a pitcher over 15 million dollars a season I'm expecting at least 3 starter production all 5 years, and Wilson hasn't provided that for the Angels. Or 2 starter production for 3 years and 4 starter production for the other 2 years, and CJ sure as hell doesn't appear to be doing that anytime soon.

He has been no such bargain. He's had one good season for us. Big whoop. That's not enough to call a pitcher who signed a multi year deal a bargain.

Edited by Butcher'd

I don't let myself get carried away with these past two games..I believe these are two great teams battling it out..but I came up here to Oakland for these 2 games..and the angels don't seem right..is it the pressure? The noise? It seems like they have an "I'm scared to mess a play/atbat/pitch up" look...

I'm looking at it as being 6-1 on the road trip going into a place where we usually don't play well. If the same thing happens in our own park, then we're in trouble. Time will tell. We made up ground on Oakland when we weren't playing our best baseball.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

One game this series was my goal. Playing Oakland at home was going to be tough anyways, entering the series 2 games up and leaving it 1 game up is better than nothing. We have another 4 game set against them at home next week and we're playing the Marlins after this series. Just gotta pull it together tomorrow and leave this series on a good note.

I refuse to believe that we are crap because we lost a 2 run game yesterday and a 1 run game today on a base running blunder and wild pitch.

I will continue to watch the team and believe we will win every game.

I don't think we are crap, but we have gone 9-14 in one run games against good teams.  Thats a lot of one run games lost.  I keep saying the same thing to myself, but it gets old.  How many times do we lose close games because our hitting didn't produce or we committed errors.  I think its past the point of being the exception to the rule. I still will have hope and will continue to torture myself as well.  But I definitely understand the frustration people have posted.  It sucks having the most exciting player on your team go down for the season (Trout has been great before the all star break, but personally I think overall Richards has been the most fun to watch this season) and on top of that losing basically every exciting series of the season.  It definitely gives me doubts about their ability to perform in the playoffs.  I have not and will not write them off at any point.  But I will not shy away from letting out my frustrations haha.

Much of the good offense came before Don Baylor returned. This entire post-ASB offense funk has been under his watch.

He isn't earning any brownie points yet.

Blasphemy!  

Seriously though - there was a serious uptick right after he came back, that lasted a few weeks or so, but the tire has long since deflated and we look like crap yet again.  Just like last year, whenever I see the team with the bases loaded and no outs (or second and third with no outs, or similar situations) I always feel like we'll be lucky if we get more than one run.  K, pop-up, groundout, inning over.  It's the definition of frustration.  It doesn't seem to matter who the hitting coach is, the results are the same.

The slump seems to coincide almost exactly with Baylor's return. If I remember correctly, he returned right before we played the Astros and Rangers before the break; we mashed in those two series, though a lot of that was probably due to the momentum we were already riding at the time and the fact that those 2 teams have terrible pitching, then promptly went into a coma after the break and haven't woken up since. Makes me wonder if he decided to fix what wasn't broken.