• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Since ALL Star Break!

stormngt

It would be impossible for Trout not to go on another tear to end the season. He will be fine.

As far as MVP and the people who vote for it are concerned, this month long slump has eliminated Trout from the MVP "race". Since the BBWAA only considers the best BA/HR combo as the way to determine how good a player is and the impact he had on his team, Trout won't even be in the top 3 by the end.

I bet he will

It would be impossible for Trout not to go on another tear to end the season. He will be fine.

As far as MVP and the people who vote for it are concerned, this month long slump has eliminated Trout from the MVP "race". Since the BBWAA only considers the best BA/HR combo as the way to determine how good a player is and the impact he had on his team, Trout won't even be in the top 3 by the end.

White Sox are not a contending team and Miggy's having a down year . They'll probably give it to a pitcher like Hernandez.

Edited by ScottLux

I agree that he's letting too many good pitches go by, plus he obviously K's a lot, which he always has.

But it also seems that he's become a bit pull happy. Actually not exactly pull happy because he flys and grounds out to center on pitches on the outer half a lot as well.

I just remember when Trout was at the very top of his game he seemed to go to right field on a much more consistent basis a la Jeter. As they say, maybe he needs to let the ball get deeper in the zone.

Edited by Angelsfirst

That is only if BOTH Jose Abreu and V-Mart hit .220 from tomorrow until the end of the season

Jose Abreu is on a bad team. As Trout witnessed the past 2 years, being on a non-playoff team kills your narrative for winning. Plus he has no defensive value. Plus he's already going to win ROY.

And Victor Martinez is a DH, dude has literally 0% chance to win. Hasn't happened since 1996 and that included a bunch of David Ortiz seasons that were far superior to what Martinez is putting up.

MVP is without a doubt still Trout's to lose as long as he finishes around ~.300 AVG with 30+ HR and 100+ RBI.

Trout has a Corvette? Jeez, for as awesome as he is as a baseball player his tastes in music and cars are terrible. For some reason 23 and 24 year olds are a completely different generation than us 25's.

If I'm Trout I'm driving a Porsche GT2 (or similar nice Porsche) and walking up to the plate to Genesis Ch. 1 V. 32.

Trout won the 'Vette for being the All-Star game MVP....did you miss that game...because this one "mattered"...

Trout has a Corvette? Jeez, for as awesome as he is as a baseball player his tastes in music and cars are terrible. For some reason 23 and 24 year olds are a completely different generation than us 25's.

If I'm Trout I'm driving a Porsche GT2 (or similar nice Porsche) and walking up to the plate to Genesis Ch. 1 V. 32.

Lock the thread.

He is on a first place team so he is a sure bet for MVP

Not really. If he continues to slump and ends up hitting, say, .270/.360/.540 with 30 HR, then it will either go to Abreu with his .290+ and 40 HR or King Felix.

I'd be very surprised, though, if Trout doesn't figure things out and finish out something like .300/.390/.570 with 35 HR. That should get him the MVP. Still, it is hard not to feel that with the reduced stolen bases and walks, and the mediocre defense, he's taken a half step back from being head and shoulders above everyone else in baseball to "only" one of the very best players. Hopefully this is just a blip and he'll continue to evolve his game.