• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mike Trout Since ALL Star Break!

stormngt

Not really. If he continues to slump and ends up hitting, say, .270/.360/.540 with 30 HR, then it will either go to Abreu with his .290+ and 40 HR or King Felix.

I'd be very surprised, though, if Trout doesn't figure things out and finish out something like .300/.390/.570 with 35 HR. That should get him the MVP. Still, it is hard not to feel that with the reduced stolen bases and walks, and the mediocre defense, he's taken a half step back from being head and shoulders above everyone else in baseball to "only" one of the very best players. Hopefully this is just a blip and he'll continue to evolve his game.

You can't discount Cabrera ... Tigers are fighting for their playoff lives. There is a ton of baseball left to be played.

Robbie Cano is having a great year .... power numbers are a bit down but Seattle would be nowhere without him in the lineup. Seattle is still in the hunt for the division title.

Not really. If he continues to slump and ends up hitting, say, .270/.360/.540 with 30 HR, then it will either go to Abreu with his .290+ and 40 HR or King Felix.

I don't think they'll give the MVP and the ROY to Abreu. The latter award, of course.

Felix is the more probable choice, especially if he continues to shine through the end of the season.

Trout will have to get back on board with the numbers to be chosen. A .270 average might be optimistic.

Edited by fan_since79

Trout won the 'Vette for being the All-Star game MVP....did you miss that game...because this one "mattered"...

It was also his mom who wanted the 'Vette. Trout had the choice between the 'Vette and a fully loaded Silverado and it looked like he wanted the truck before his mom started redirecting him. 

I don't think they'll give the MVP and the ROY to Abreu. The latter award, of course.

Felix is the more probable choice, especially if he continues to shine through the end of the season.

Trout will have to get back on board with the numbers to be chosen. A .270 average might be optimistic.

It would have been an incredible ROY race if Tanaka would have stayed healthy.

No he is not. But we paid him 30 million when we bought out three years of his free agency. That is what I was referring to. Had the Angels.waited a year they probably would have been able to extend Trout for a lot less.

Then we should wait until he gets to those 3 years to judge whether or not he's worth the money

I think this is beyond a normal slump.

It's pitchers realizing he has a gigantic hole in his swing in the upper part of the zone.

His heatmap reveals an obvious weakness and the pitchers are learning to not be afraid of going high with Trout.

He's going to have to adjust his swing to learn how to hit balls in the top of the zone or his days of hitting .900+ ops is over.

Would you rather have a CF with great range and a average arm or slightly below average arm, or a CF with average to slightly below average range and a great arm? Trout at the absolute least is an average to slightly above average CFer. If there are metrics out there that disagree with that then I believe that metric is worthless. Either that or the range from the best to below average is so minute that it doesn't really affect the outcome of any given game.

Would you rather have a CF with great range and a average arm or slightly below average arm, or a CF with average to slightly below average range and a great arm? Trout at the absolute least is an average to slightly above average CFer. If there are metrics out there that disagree with that then I believe that metric is worthless. Either that or the range from the best to below average is so minute that it doesn't really affect the outcome of any given game.

In 2012 Trout was considered the best defensive outfielder by both Fangraphs and Baseball Reference. 

In 2013 for most of the year, IIRC Baseball Reference considered him above average while Fangraphs considered him the worst defensive outfielder in baseball based on the same data.

This year both have him slightly below average.

How many above average center fielders have below average range?

I think this is beyond a normal slump.

It's pitchers realizing he has a gigantic hole in his swing in the upper part of the zone.

His heatmap reveals an obvious weakness and the pitchers are learning to not be afraid of going high with Trout.

He's going to have to adjust his swing to learn how to hit balls in the top of the zone or his days of hitting .900+ ops is over.

If high fastballs are considered his major weakness then pitchers are going to be in for a helluva surprise when (not if) he figures out how to hit them. Talk about meatballs.

Where the hell did you get that from. I never argued for Trout to be called up. I wanted on the Roster from the get go. I hated seeing Wells and Abreu in the lineup.

So please don't put words in my mouth.

Is that why you and superdave were the only 2 people who argued against calling up Trout when they did?