• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green down. Cory Rasmus up.

I don't know how Ibanez looks these young players in the eye with a clear conscience. He knows his time is done. The front office know his time is done. ****ing Scioscia knows his time is done. Nobody want to effing say it out loud.

If I remember right, JD and Sciosh have both tried to claim something along the lines of "Raul's still got some great baseball left in him." I'm curious as to if they actually believe that, or just say so in an attempt to save face.

I don't know how Ibanez looks these young players in the eye with a clear conscience.   He knows his time is done.  The front office know his time is done.  ****ing Scioscia knows his time is done.  Nobody want to effing say it out loud.

Looking at this quote, I really don't think Scioscia knows it. It is a clear apology to Ibanez for not being in the lineup.

Scioscia said "there's going to be plenty of righties" against whom Ibanez will start at DH, but the Angels will face an opposing lefty in three of their next four games, including Chris Sale on Saturday. Cron figures to get the majority of the at-bats at DH moving forward, but Scioscia wouldn't commit to that.

"I don't think it's much different than we've talked about," he said. "When a guy is performing well, obviously he's going to get more looks. And when a guy is struggling, maybe you take him off that horse for a little bit to let him catch his breath. That's kind of where we're at right now."

If I was new to Scioscia's gibberish, I would question the man's sanity.

But, it is just Scioscia being Scioscia.

Clueless.

Edited by Homebrewer

A favorable matchup for Ibanez is a pitcher who can't strikeout anybody who also happens to have 8 defenders in the field with no arms.

The problem is that favorable matchup does not exist

d671de4ffd77e2cb2b0e9aa0394824dc_bigger.Alden GonzalezVerified account ‏@Alden_Gonzalez

Green gave the #Angels lots of versatility, but Cron can DH almost every day, unless matchup favors Ibanez, and occasionally spell Pujols.

----

I'm genuinely curious what matchups favor Ibanez at this point.

LOL  Same thing I was thinking when I read this.

Not even counting Green, tonight there were three guys in the Bee's lineup who have more value to this team from an offensive AND defensive standpoint than Ibanez. Navarro, Boesch and as much as I hate to say it, Schuck. Also, don't give me any of this veteran leadership BS. We're not the freakin' Astros or Marlins.

Edited by gurn67

Because Cron will get the DH at bats. Green is competing for time against Howie and Cowgill, both RH bats with better gloves. Even if Ibanez is released there is no place for Green.

If I was to make a companion  move to this one it would be to release Ibanez and call up Navarro for the series against Oakland and Atlanta so there is a playable LH bat on the bench for the depth of the A's pen and the NL rules in Atlanta. You might make the argument that Green is a better fit than Cron for the NL park but beyond that the power will trump the versatility to play multiple positions adequately at best. 

Edited by arch stanton

Green gave the #Angels lots of versatility, but Cron can DH almost every day, unless matchup favors Ibanez, and occasionally spell Pujols.

----

I'm genuinely curious what matchups favor Ibanez at this point.

Well, he DOES hit a lot better against righthanders than lefties. Scioscia must be impressed by that.

.165 vs RHP

.038 vs LHP

LOL.

It seems like every year Scioscia has his "Mathis."  The player that he keeps sticking in the lineup despite most (if not all, as in the case of Ibanez) evidence pointing to that player being a gigantic bag of suck.  At least with Mathis he had the excuse of his defensive abilities.  With Ibanez there is nothing, no justification at all, but Sosh is gonna stick with him.

That said, roster decisions fall on the GM.  It's time for Dipoto to man up and cut Ibanez from the roster.  He's just as complicit as is Scioscia at this point.

It seems like every year Scioscia has his "Mathis."  The player that he keeps sticking in the lineup despite most (if not all, as in the case of Ibanez) evidence pointing to that player being a gigantic bag of suck.  At least with Mathis he had the excuse of his defensive abilities.  With Ibanez there is nothing, no justification at all, but Sosh is gonna stick with him.

That said, roster decisions fall on the GM.  It's time for Dipoto to man up and cut Ibanez from the roster.  He's just as complicit as is Scioscia at this point.

Agree. Time to cut bait and move forward

ah, Grant Green should remain -- Raul Ibanez should be DFA'd.

Green will be back up and hopefully before the Sept. 1 call up (playoff eligibility) deadline.

IF the Halos make the playoffs and RIGHT NOW  it appears that they have good chance of capturing (at least) one of the Wild Card spots....then Grant Green's versatility a lot more valuable roster addition that Ibanez -- essentially just another DH type bat and field off the bench.....with Hamilton back, Pujols, Cron etc. we have enough of these one dimensional type players already.

I think Green is ready to be an everyday player. Obviously it has to be 2nd base. Hopefully they angels can make a deal for Howie and get good value in return.

This!

Let Green play 2B exclusively in AAA every day until a Howie trade can be made or when an injury happens or rosters expand in September.

Efren Navarro should replace Ibanez whenever he's let go. Green needs to focus on 2B.