• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green down. Cory Rasmus up.

On the one hand, we've seen a lot more urgency from the team this year, but then there are cases like this that completely negate all of the goodwill earned from the Cron/Green/Bedrosian/Morin call-ups. Truly a bizarre and inexplicable scenario. Instead of folding his hand, DiPoto has decided to do the exact opposite and double-down on the worst player in the majors. 

Let's all take a breath for a second. 

When I first saw this I had the same reaction as most until I saw today's lineup. 

Almost fully RHed except Josh, and that's with Cowgill getting the start in the OF because Sale is especially nasty against LHers. 

So even if they cut Ibanez, where does Green get at bats.  You still have Calhoun on the bench as well, and with Kole in the lineup, you are very RHed on the bench.  They already have a util player that can sit and get sporadic at bats in Mcdonald. 

I want Ibanez gone as much as the next guy, but Green's just not going to get very many at bats even with Ibanez gone. 

It actually bothers me more that they are bringing up Rasmus who, to me, is a Salas clone. 

When I first saw this I had the same reaction as most until I saw today's lineup. 

Almost fully RHed except Josh, and that's with Cowgill getting the start in the OF because Sale is especially nasty against LHers. 

So even if they cut Ibanez, where does Green get at bats.  You still have Calhoun on the bench as well, and with Kole in the lineup, you are very RHed on the bench.  They already have a util player that can sit and get sporadic at bats in Mcdonald. 

I want Ibanez gone as much as the next guy, but Green's just not going to get very many at bats even with Ibanez gone. 

It actually bothers me more that they are bringing up Rasmus who, to me, is a Salas clone. 

For this game and this game only you sit Calhoun and put Hamilton in RF and Green in LF. 

So we're keeping a lefty hitter who has 0 defensive value and can't hit anymore over a RH hitter who can at least fake it at multiple positions and CAN hit, just for the sake of saying we've got a left handed bat on the bench? That's silly.

People HATED it when Russell Branyan took up a bench spot as a lefty bat for part of a season a few years back, and Branyan was a much better hiter than anything we have any reason to expect from Ibanez. It's a total roster management failure to keep Ibanez around.

As far as Rasmus, I don't disagree as far as what he is, but I'm also not sure who there is down there that was really screaming for a callup. RJ Alvarez is just now returning from his injury, Berg has been a nightmare, DDLR clearly still isn't right, and Kohn(who also clearly isn't right) can't be called back up yet.

I guess Sisk would be an option, but that's about it from what I can tell.

So we're keeping a lefty hitter who has 0 defensive value and can't hit anymore over a RH hitter who can at least fake it at multiple positions and CAN hit, just for the sake of saying we've got a left handed bat on the bench? That's silly.

People HATED it when Russell Branyan took up a bench spot as a lefty bat for part of a season a few years back, and Branyan was a much better hiter than anything we have any reason to expect from Ibanez. It's a total roster management failure to keep Ibanez around.

As far as Rasmus, I don't disagree as far as what he is, but I'm also not sure who there is down there that was really screaming for a callup. RJ Alvarez is just now returning from his injury, Berg has been a nightmare, DDLR clearly still isn't right, and Kohn(who also clearly isn't right) can't be called back up yet.

I guess Sisk would be an option, but that's about it from what I can tell.

I am saying that even if you cut Ibanez and keep Green, where does Green get at bats?  I don't care all that much about the lefty thing as much as I do about Green pulling his pud on the bench. 

It is getting harder and harder to remain a fan of a team that makes moves like this.

I know GMs seldom explain themselves, but would I sure like to HEAR what the thinking is.

I feel like they flip us the bird and hide behind closed doors year after year, and I'm beginning to get sick of it.

I'm sure our sports writers will give us some kind of "fed" BS story to further ask us all to STFU.

I am saying that even if you cut Ibanez and keep Green, where does Green get at bats?  I don't care all that much about the lefty thing as much as I do about Green pulling his pud on the bench. 

He can spell Cron at DH, Howie at 2B, Freese at 3B and Calhoun on the OF. That's how he gets the AB's.

Also, while Freese has been decent of late, he is still has an OPS of 605 for the season, so Green could get some starts at 3B to see if he could cut it there.

143 isn't in the everyday lineup. Please be accurate!

143 only plays against right handers. Which is kind of embarrassing that he is only batting 143 in a platoon.

Crazy that .359 doesn't get you a spot on the Angels roster but .143 gets you into the everyday lineup.

Green and Cron both can't be DH. Still doesn't really justify Ibanez still with the team. I find it hard to believe we can't find a left handed bat that can't bat 143 in the minors

It really is too bad that Green's defense is so terrible at DH. Hopefully they try to teach him the position down in AAA.

Who in the current lineup do you suggest we take out? And aren't you the guy that criticize Scioscia for not having Calhoun in the lineup,

Chris Sale hasn't given up a hit to a left handed batter all season 0-34 so who needs a hot hitting .359 right handed batter in their lineup? We do!

How is Long doing in AAA.

hell give Navaro the spot for left handed bat. At least until he cools down. Two plus months is enough for Ibanez. It's not like he is batting 220 like Wells. 143......that is the anorexic mendoza line.

So even if they cut Ibanez, where does Green get at bats. You still have Calhoun on the bench as well, and with Kole in the lineup, you are very RHed on the bench. They already have a util player that can sit and get sporadic at bats in Mcdonald.

143 isn't in the everyday lineup. Please be accurate!

143 only plays against right handers. Which is kind of embarrassing that he is only batting 143 in a platoon.

I think you guys are missing the point Doc was making. Navarro should replace Ibanez and that still leaves Green as odd man out most days. He's a RH bat backing positions already filled with RH bats.

TUCO, he's hitting .359 so what more does he need to do to stay on the 25 man roster?