• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Grant Green down. Cory Rasmus up.

This!

Let Green play 2B exclusively in AAA every day until a Howie trade can be made or when an injury happens or rosters expand in September.

Efren Navarro should replace Ibanez whenever he's let go. Green needs to focus on 2B.

what about 3rd? 

I feel like with the depth we have at 2nd in Lindsey, Yarborogh and Johnson as well as Freese being pretty weak and no other 3b options on the horizon any time soon, I'd rather have him as our future 3bman.  We've got time to trade howie who has performed well and is fairly consistent.  I think Green would be an upgrade over Freese whereas he'd be a downgrade from Howie. 

what about 3rd? 

I feel like with the depth we have at 2nd in Lindsey, Yarborogh and Johnson as well as Freese being pretty weak and no other 3b options on the horizon any time soon, I'd rather have him as our future 3bman.  We've got time to trade howie who has performed well and is fairly consistent.  I think Green would be an upgrade over Freese whereas he'd be a downgrade from Howie. 

True. Good idea! 

Green is no upgrade at third base ... not going to happen this season. It may in the future but not now.

Good size not much power with the bat

Donaldson wasn't a big power guy either until last year, it took a while for Beltre to find his power stroke early in his career as well...

If given 500+ at bats Green could easily hit 15 home runs. If he bulks a bit down the road 20+.

Im in the green to 3B camp, too. Not sure if it is doable, but I think he was a SS at one point.

It would give us a way to work him in to the lineup at the very least.

well i think freese os guaranteed a full season before they replace him.

yah.  I don't think Green is going to sniff 3b this year as long as Freese in healthy, but now that he's in the minors and has a chance to play everyday, that is where I'd have him everyday.  And I still wouldn't trade Howie yet.  

Yeah, you have to keep Howie. I'm guessing he gets dealt in the offseason. If not, have Green play 3B in winter ball and the AFL. 

The Angels have become a Aristocracy instead of a meritocracy. I always been the proponent of the best player should be on the field barring anything else, if you aren't producing anymore then it's time you sit. Unfortunately there are other factors that determine why players play and some others like being bias, huge contract, selling tickets, weighing in on contracts,  stratagem for the future market for a particular player etc.. I think the A;s have been more successful in managing their resources than other teams like the Angels who seem to be way behind in how to run an organization. I wish MLB would head into NFL rules of cutting ties with players contracts if needed, and grant them their guaranteed money.