• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

Spoiler

I’m glad that Jon got to have Ghost. 

I’m not sure what I think.  I didn’t like or dislike it.  I don’t really have a strong opinion on how it should have ended.  So i guess I’m fine just accepting what we got.  

I wish they spread it out over more episodes.  I feel pretty strongly that the abbreviated seasons hurt the over all story telling in the back end of the story.  Still overall, this was an amazing run and something that overall I really enjoyed and looked forward to.  So I’m happy that we had it while it lasted.  

I love the world and look forward to whatever else we get within it.  Hopefully Martin finishes the books and that feels more satisfying for me as far as the song of ice and fire. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I dont have a problem with the way the show ended, i just wish it was 2-4 episodes longer so we could have had more scenes of events just glossed over (the Stark girls reaction to Jon's real parents, Lannisters/kings landing fighters preparing for the battle.  Were they confident or were they questioning Cersei too?  Jons arrest and explanation after killing the Queen).  I know this show got crazy costly towards the end so I understand why they shortened it but it did hurt the story a little.  I wish they were following Arya's character west.  She would be the only actress from the original cast so the actors salaries would be way more manageable and you get to create a world that hasn't even been written about yet.  Seems like a missed opportunity.  

Ugh, clearly the worst finale in TV history capping a terrible season of an epic television event.  So many things left untouched in favor of 10-15 minutes of people walking in lines and Tyrone adjusting chairs... it was just terrible.   The dragon was the only one that got it.  

One day we might learn why this was rushed, but i doubt it.  apparently HBO even allocated 9 or 10 timeslots for them and they intentionally cut it to these 6, was there a brunch or something?  

Sidenote, who the hell in their right mind would put that asshat in charge of coin?  seriously?  like would you trust that guy with your lunch money let alone the realm bankroll?  

Spoiler

The last episode was a complete punt. No real drama, it was void of all of the rich storytelling that the series deserved. It was flat and unimaginative, not utilizing any of the characters talents or history. The only thing they did was leave a crack for a sequel since they setup Winterfell as an independent kingdom and letting Jon Snow wander off into the woods when he was supposed to be tied to the night watch and not able to take a wife and sire children. I half expect them to exploit that on a much smaller scale when the lesser producers decide they want to cash in on the formula. 

Ive often said that the story has been so rich that there was really no way they could screw the ending up, and I have to say I think that's still true. There is so much to like about this episode, and as many have said the rushed nature of the last season gives us all those little nit picks I think just about everyone has. Generally all the criticisms I think are fair; it could have been better, but once I've lowered my expectations I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the last episode.

It's easy to try and pick everything apart, especially when you consider how many threads they left unanswered. Ultimately though, that ending was good enough, probably more hopeful and "happy" then I was expecting. It's really a shame the producers didn't spend want to spend the time to finish the series, and give it the additional episodes/season that the story needed to unfold in a more natural manner.  Maybe they were like George Martin, knowing the general framework of how it was going to end...but not knowing how to get there but unlike Martin, they couldn't just sit on it so they just put it on fast forward to the end.

I'm not going to be shocked if you soon hear word on an Arya based sequel.

Word was they were talking multiple additional stories in the Westeros world. The origin of the Nightking/Children of the Forest is already in production but it's been hush hush on other potential projects.

I could see a Targaryen coming to Westeros story as well.

On 5/20/2019 at 2:23 PM, AngelsLakersFan said:

Ive often said that the story has been so rich that there was really no way they could screw the ending up, and I have to say I think that's still true. There is so much to like about this episode, and as many have said the rushed nature of the last season gives us all those little nit picks I think just about everyone has. Generally all the criticisms I think are fair; it could have been better, but once I've lowered my expectations I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed the last episode.

It stunk. Really. No imagination at all. 

17 hours ago, Blarg said:

It stunk. Really. No imagination at all. 

Im not gona say it was good, but it was 'fine.' Once again most of the problems I have with it stem from not giving the story enough time to breathe the last two seasons. I think they could've kept everything they shot and fluffed it up with another hour of content and have it play a lot better. 

Sending the unsullied army away to an abandoned Island was really sending them to die quietly. Part of being unsullied was to have been castrated, turned into eunuchs and unable to bear children. So it is now the Isle of the Dickless, soon to be uninhabited again. 

Prior to the final episode, I'd put a lot of thought into how things could end for Danny.  None were positive after what she did to Kings Landing.  The obvious were have Jon or, even better, Arya kill her.  I though Arya taking the face of Greyworm to get close to her and then off her would've been cool but somewhat expected.  An unexpected ending for her that I thought would've been cool, and dramatic, would have been for her to recognize the error in burning the city and killing so many innocents and that she was ultimately no different than the mad king.  She'd recognize that she couldn't rule and should probably be put to death for the action.  She sentences herself to death and stands before Drogon and instructs the dragon to burn her.  There was an opportunity to have the dragon hesitate and show some conflict, but ultimately do as he's told by his mother.  That would've been sweet.

50 minutes ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Prior to the final episode, I'd put a lot of thought into how things could end for Danny.  None were positive after what she did to Kings Landing.  The obvious were have Jon or, even better, Arya kill her.  I though Arya taking the face of Greyworm to get close to her and then off her would've been cool but somewhat expected.  An unexpected ending for her that I thought would've been cool, and dramatic, would have been for her to recognize the error in burning the city and killing so many innocents and that she was ultimately no different than the mad king.  She'd recognize that she couldn't rule and should probably be put to death for the action.  She sentences herself to death and stands before Drogon and instructs the dragon to burn her.  There was an opportunity to have the dragon hesitate and show some conflict, but ultimately do as he's told by his mother.  That would've been sweet.

I thought she was incapable of being burned?  Which is why she walked out with the dragons early in the show, season one perhaps?  I could be misremembering.  

One of the articles I read since the final episode aired said that was kind of a moment in time thing so to speak and not that she was incapable of being burned but who knows.

With the race to the end the last thing I would have wanted to see is Daeny go from burning the innocent to repenting and taking her own life over the course of two episodes.  Just doesn't sound like a fitting ending given everything that happened.    

8 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

I like the show ending a lot better.... ? I do wish there had been a fight between Jon Snow and Grey Worm after though.

When Jon is wrestling with what he should do while talking with Tyrion, the episode references this scene from season one.

It makes me think about what the show has to say about 'love' which I think is rather nuanced. It's not saying that love is stupid or bad, but it paints it as a cross to bare or a pitfall to avoid. Master Aemon, like Jon, chose duty over love, and its something they both wrestled with for the rest of their lives. Robb, Caitlyn, and Rhaegar put love first and lost everything for it.

This is one of the all time best scenes in the series, btw.

8 hours ago, HaloJustinBieber said:

Crap, you're right.  Maybe there's a catch.  Certainly there's plenty of other sh!t that you had to suspend reality for , why you gotta go blowing my epic idea Strad!

Your epic idea was like a plastic water bottle on the set.