• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Game of Thrones

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

The Queen of dragons is now down to one dragon. Once stripped of her last in the upcoming war with Cerci, what is her value? Her armies were destroyed in the Winterfeld battle, her power is reduced to genealogy of which her claim is lesser.

Hers will be subservience to Jon as the rightful king as his queen.

But it won't be on the Iron Throne. Cerci will live out the Mad King's legacy and burn the entire kingdom to the ground while sitting on the throne, refusing anyone the opportunity to claim it as it melts around her. 

That's my take.

In the preview for next week's episode there is a scene where 2 dragons are flying in the air.  I am guessing Jon's dragon survived.

On 4/30/2019 at 11:02 AM, NJHalo said:

Three episodes left, and the whole Bran storyline has always left me wondering where is this going?  

I would have been happier if he died when Jaime pushed him off the tower. 

I agree.

I hate him. 

30 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I sure hope this isn't some BS setup where Bran ends up being the overall winner and/or bad guy. That'd be completely unearned.

It's amazing how you guys don't pay any attention. He has taken over the role of the Three Eyed Raven which is that of historian. Warging into ravens gives him the ability to see events without being seen as eavesdropping or spying. His role is to record events but his visions had allowed him to influence some past events. The rescue of Jon as a baby, telling Wylis to hold the door and slipping Arya the dagger. 

You are all expecting superhero powers but a simple nudge can topple a giant off a cliff. And that is all his role is, a little nudge in time, like being pushed out of a tree, to start a series of greater events. 

15 minutes ago, Blarg said:

It's amazing how you guys don't pay any attention. He has taken over the role of the Three Eyed Raven which is that of historian. Warging into ravens gives him the ability to see events without being seen as eavesdropping or spying. His role is to record events but his visions had allowed him to influence some past events. The rescue of Jon as a baby, telling Wylis to hold the door and slipping Arya the dagger. 

You are all expecting superhero powers but a simple nudge can topple a giant off a cliff. And that is all his role is, a little nudge in time, like being pushed out of a tree, to start a series of greater events. 

It's an underwhelming thread to follow.

As a wise man once said a long, long, long time ago...

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

I know that.

i still hate him. 

12 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm good with war 

I kind of like seeing them instead of pitch black with vague images in the clouds. I totally understand why they did it, the CG for that massive battle would have set delivery back another year and sucked up their entire budget for one episode. Hey, it's the night king, do it at night and use a lot of unperceptible long shots and screaming sounds in the dark, it raises the terror level. Save some money for the war with Cerci.

8 hours ago, Blarg said:

Leaving your audience wondering "is that it?" at the end of a near decade long build up is not strong storytelling. 

You very well may be right about the intent, but D&D have dropped so many balls with this story since the end of season 4 that I will not be surprised if they flub the ending too.

7 hours ago, red321 said:

leeeeeroy jenkins!

Awesome...though it should have started with that

Agreed -- that bit and Ghost calling out "SQUIRREL!!!" were far and away the best parts IMO.

Just now, AngelsLakersFan said:

Leaving your audience wondering "is that it?" at the end of a near decade long build up is not strong storytelling. 

You very well may be right about the intent, but D&D have dropped so many balls with this story since the end of season 4 that I will not be surprised if they flub the ending too.

Yep, there is even a panel discussion one one of the Brit papers with military experts and historians.   The consensus seemed to be that the actual good strats for how to defend Winterfell would have made for amazingly boring TV.

1 minute ago, Inside Pitch said:

The consensus seemed to be that the actual good strats for how to defend Winterfell would have made for amazingly boring TV.

Time to start a GoFundMe.

These military historians are obviously not considering the viability of wildfire on an undead zombie horde.