• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols looks exactly the same

Not a good feeling. It's only ST but his approach and results are exactly the same.  Lazy ass ground balls on the left side. I really hopes he comes around but after 2 years I really think his trajectory is set at slightly above average. At least the Reds got a few stellar years out of Griffey. Cmon Pujols prove me wrong. 

.290-.300ish, 30-35 HR, .~.350 OBP, and ~.550 SLG. Mark my words.

Give him a chance, folks. Its March 8. Or, in other words....

Its early...

That's the best case scenario. 

Pujols had a .906 OPS 3 years ago.

You are expecting him to put up the same numbers 4 seasons later? cmon..

Edited by Poozy

I actually am, or close to it. Think of it this way: he's healthy, tenacious, and one of the greatest hitters in baseball history. He's still "only" 34 and truly great players tend to have one or two great seasons scattered amongst their decline years. I think 2014 is going to be his best year as an Angel - not only so far, but for the entire contract. Then I think he'll be decent for another 2-3 years and call it quits something in the 2018-2020 range.

I actually am, or close to it. Think of it this way: he's healthy, tenacious, and one of the greatest hitters in baseball history. He's still "only" 34 and truly great players tend to have one or two great seasons scattered amongst their decline years. I think 2014 is going to be his best year as an Angel - not only so far, but for the entire contract. Then I think he'll be decent for another 2-3 years and call it quits something in the 2018-2020 range.

it's def possible, but i think it's the best case scenario. I really hope you're right though. Edited by Poozy

I'm hoping for a .985 OPS from him when he's 39. Babe Ruth did it, and he was not in the best shape of his life.

Edited by fan_since79