• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Pujols looks exactly the same

His defense is not the issue, nor has it ever been. He is a legit gold glove caliber 1st baseman. He is sure handed, smart, has a soft glove, and is and has always been a vacuum cleaner with throws in the dirt - a boon with our infielders. However, those types could be had on the cheap. He was brought in and paid big money to hit homeruns, drive in runs, get on base, and be a presence in the lineup. For whatever the reason was the last two seasons, he simply hasn't gotten it done. I was excited as anybody when the Angels signed him, but ouch, what a monumental disappointment so far.  A few spurts here and there and a last third of 2012 just isn't enough. I understand the painful nature of his injury last season, but he should have had that taken care of very early in the season. Supposedly he is healthy now, ok, then if he is he should produce big time numbers this season. Otherwise, yes, he would be nothing more than Casey Kotchman with a 9 figure contract.

Ummmm, ok.

However, this discussion has nothing to do with his bat or relative value.

Reminder of the other half of my previous comment:

"From May 5th 2012 (day of first HR) to Aug 22nd (the 23rd thru 28th he missed due to knee injury) Pujols had a .985 OPS."

So, for 3 1/2 months of the 2012 season, over half the season, he had a .985 OPS. It faded when his knee was injured. In 2013 he had a problematic offseason, a knee that wasn't fully healed and Plantar Fasciitis that kept him on one leg and eventually ended his season. Every slump he has had as an Angel has a very rational explanation.

His health can be questioned. That is fair game. But, if he is healthy then he can at least put up a .985 OPS. There is no evidence to say he will suddenly hit like Kotchman. Albert hit 17 HR in 99 games on 1 freeking leg! He has not forgotten how to hit. He hit well for over half of the 2012 season! His body may not hold up long term, but if healthy, he will hit.

"From May 5th 2012 (day of first HR) to Aug 22nd (the 23rd thru 28th he missed due to knee injury) Pujols had a .985 OPS."

So, for 3 1/2 months of the 2012 season, over half the season, he had a .985 OPS. It faded when his knee was injured. In 2013 he had a problematic offseason, a knee that wasn't fully healed and Plantar Fasciitis that kept him on one leg and eventually ended his season. Every slump he has had as an Angel has a very rational explanation.

His health can be questioned. That is fair game. But, if he is healthy then he can at least put up a .985 OPS. There is no evidence to say he will suddenly hit like Kotchman. Albert hit 17 HR in 99 games on 1 freeking leg! He has not forgotten how to hit. He hit well for over half of the 2012 season! His body may not hold up long term, but if healthy, he will hit.

Yep!

blah blah blah blah blah..... so sick of excuses thats all we have heard since he got here.  bad knees, plantar fasciitis, pressing too hard, big contract, marine layer bigger ball park, missing his family.... SO SICK OF IT! the pujols we all hoped and dreamed for will never be. ever.. 

Watching him over the weekend in pre-game warm ups and in the games he played, I was pretty impressed with his mobility.  He looked way better than I was expecting.  If he can play the season with what he showed over the weekend, we're in good shape. 

blah blah blah blah blah..... so sick of excuses thats all we have heard since he got here.  bad knees, plantar fasciitis, pressing too hard, big contract, marine layer bigger ball park, missing his family.... SO SICK OF IT! the pujols we all hoped and dreamed for will never be. ever.. 

You sound like my teenager. I want I want I want, I won't listen to reason and facts, I want I want I want. 

If you were expecting the 28 year old Pujols of the Cardinals than the problem is you.  You should have expected a decline.  To be honest, I expected the type of play that he gave from  June 2012 to Sept. 2012.  Last year was the only real disappointment I had with Pujols and that is just one year.  Sorry if I am an optimist and do not desire to hate on a guy just yet.