• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte notes

bloodbrother

The City of Anaheim is broke and Arte wants the entire parking lot for free to develop hotels and restaurants. The City would be foolish to give up that land.

Yeah, much better to have a empty stadium and not draw 3 million fans every year to Anaheim. LA gave the Doyers the land to build, think they regret it? I don't, I hope the Angels do leave Anaheim, f them. I'm a Angels fan and could care less about that crappy city. I spend a LOT of money in Anaheim because of the Angels, I would have no problem spending in a different city. 

The City of Anaheim is broke and Arte wants the entire parking lot for free to develop hotels and restaurants. The City would be foolish to give up that land.

You don't think they could generate tax income on hotels and restaurants and tickets and other businesses?  That is crazy thought. 

They gain no income from a parking lot that sits empty over half of the year. Think about it, they have 82 home games. That is almost ten times as many as football but that still means stadium rental is needed to cover the rest of the days of the year. That is not happening though motorhome shows.

But if restaurants and business move into the lot the city gains tax revenue without having to spend a dime on infrastructure like parking garages, plumbing, electrical, sewers, they just hand over the lot and say build it so they come.

They would be fools to hold on to an empty lot with some dream of future use and spoiling their chances to actually make some money and put local residents to work.

They gain no income from a parking lot that sits empty over half of the year. Think about it, they have 82 home games. That is almost ten times as many as football but that still means stadium rental is needed to cover the rest of the days of the year. That is not happening though motorhome shows.

But if restaurants and business move into the lot the city gains tax revenue without having to spend a dime on infrastructure like parking garages, plumbing, electrical, sewers, they just hand over the lot and say build it so they come.

They would be fools to hold on to an empty lot with some dream of future use and spoiling their chances to actually make some money and put local residents to work.

That land is worth millions. The city would be better served to sell the property to a developer and still get the revenue from hotels and restaurants. Giving everything to Arte is to much of a sweetheart deal. Edited by Hamiltown

That land is worth millions. The city would be better served to sell the property to a developer and still get the revenue from hotels and restaurants. Giving everything to Arte is to much of a sweetheart deal.

Without the Angels or other major pro sports franchise there are no hotels and restaurants.

Yeah, I wasn't particularly hot on Garza either, but the team had a pretty clear valuation of Garza of their own, put an arbitrary timeline on that offer, and then watched him go to a team like the Brewers for basically the same money.

It's kind of whatever in this case, but not necessarily their smoothest maneuvering there.

I'm not sure that I agree. Eventually the message will get out that if you want to go to Anaheim, you can't leave the offer sitting on the table and continue to shop your services. Either you want to be here or you don't. Moreno is probably tired of being played by free agents who use his offers to shop for more money elsewhere. I'm fine with it.

Really?

Consider me against welfare for billionaires.

Your question and your statement are not really connected to one another. 

You think land surrounded by industrial complexes is a great place for hotels and restaurants? 

I have marked you down as not in favor of welfare for billionaires.

Interesting that they offered Garza that deal and didn't try to get him when the Brewers offered the same deal. Not that I'm complaining but it seems kinda odd.

I hope the stadium deal and Trout deal both get done in the near future.

Maybe he wants free agents to know that once an offer is given it will not be on the table for too long. This prevents agents from turning the angels' offer into leverage and driving up the bidding price. The next free agent might take this into consideration when the angels offer a contract.

That land is worth millions. The city would be better served to sell the property to a developer and still get the revenue from hotels and restaurants. Giving everything to Arte is to much of a sweetheart deal.

In theory, yes. But then you have to assume moreno moves the team. Maybe he does, maybe he doesnt.

But to think it will be developed without the angels, I highly doubt it. Look no further than the area west of the stadium. That was supposed to have been developed years ago and hasnt. And because you wouldnt have to demo anything, that area would still be first in line to get built before the stadium.

Inglewood would be a good city to ask if they miss their sports team.

The other option is an empty stadium and nothing built on the surrounding land.

If indeed the City is worried about Arte getting rich -- they are just stupid.   So long as they own the land -- they have the ultimate power.  What they should probably do is bargain for a shorter lease deal on the land Arte wants to develop.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

If the Angels left, I don't think the land would be empty for long.  I think a certain amusement park would jump on the land, that would be located right next to a major transit terminal.  They could then demolish the parking structure they currently have and expand.  Create a new parking area, probably for employees, and possibly create a transit system between the terminal, pond, triangle, convention center, and park.