• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Arte notes

bloodbrother

For the record I have been saying this about the stadium for years. I have also taken a lot of heat from posters here and those who are now long gone, who said I didn't know what I was talking about, even though my sources were quite good the the stadium was "rotting from within".

I said all of this because I believed that one day Arte would move the team if the CoA didn't watch themselves. I hated the name change, I still hate it, but I have accepted it. I hope I can accept the team moving as well, because time to face facts, by 2019, they are as good as gone.

COA is really being dense.  I get wanting a better deal..  But to go from offering 66 years at $1 a year in exchange for the Angels modernizing the Stadium and the use of the land to...  50/50 split of profits and oh yeah -- you still get to pay for everything is just asinine.

COA is really being dense. I get wanting a better deal.. But to go from offering 66 years at $1 a year in exchange for the Angels modernizing the Stadium and the use of the land to... 50/50 split of profits and oh yeah -- you still get to pay for everything is just asinine.

Went to one of the Save the Angels meetings at the Convention Center a few weeks back just to listen. No Angels fans got up to speak. Those who did were residents that were ignorant at best concerning the big picture of what a MLB team brings to a city. Sounds like the CoA is listening to the ignorant.

Went to one of the Save the Angels meetings at the Convention Center a few weeks back just to listen. No Angels fans got up to speak. Those who did were residents that were ignorant at best concerning the big picture of what a MLB team brings to a city. Sounds like the CoA is listening to the ignorant.

Did they play the Benny Hill theme song anytime a COA council member spoke?   Railing against anyone who is making money is trendy these days -- no surprise to see the COA jumping on that bandwagon.   

Did they play the Benny Hill theme song anytime a COA council member spoke? Railing against anyone who is making money is trendy these days -- no surprise to see the COA jumping on that bandwagon.

No council members in attendance. The guy running the meeting was the head of the development department that oversees the Convention Center and the stadium property.

It's funny you should bring up the class warfare as that is exactly how the residents in attendance were acting, they were adamant that Arte was out only to line his pockets just like he was when he changed the name. They railed on the city reps for allowing him to do that and well known Anaheim realtor Paul Kott insisted that the way the city should handle this is set up a lease based on what the property is worth because that's how leases are done and if Arte doesn't like the terms tell him to go elsewhere to find a stadium.

I told one of them on my way out that they better watch what they wish for... He might just do it. They have no concept of what is gong to happen to the area if they let the Angels go.