• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official: Garza to Brewers

It wouldn't surprise me if he was

Would it surprise you?

Yes, it would. If this team is looking to try and compete this year they will not trot Blanton out as the 5th starter. He was a disaster and his signing was dumb from the start. I honestly don't think he makes the team out of spring training. They'll either find some way to trade him(eat most of the $7.5 mill he's owed this year) or simply just DFA him

If you really think that Blanton and Arroyo are the same type pitcher, then we will have to stop this discussion right now, because in my mind they are miles apart.

Both are control pitchers that have the tendency to give up the long ball. I'd like to see a side by side comparison between the two.

Alden Gonzalez ‏@Alden_Gonzalez now

Major difference b/w this offseason and last two, for better or worse: They’re not getting forced into contracts they’re uncomfortable with.

Good to hear. They've already done enough damage the past few years overpaying for mediocre to awful production

At 13 million a year, if the Angels don't even attempt to match this offer, they are stupid.

Ever wonder if maybe the medicals scared them off?   A lot of people felt that Garza might be paid the best among the pitchers left because of the lack of draft compensation -- he ends up getting 52 mil.   The D-Backs wouldnt go 4 years due to concerns about his arm, it seems the Angels didn't want to go that long either.

FOUR stints on the DL since 2010, both shoulder and elbow.   He's the classic case of where there is smoke, there is fire.  

Edited by Inside Pitch

Agreed.  Arroyo in the AL is Blanton II.

Arroyo for the last 8 years in Cincinnati has an ERA of 4.05, his last two years of 3.76. He averages 32 games per season along with 211 innings. He has been the epitome of a solid pitcher and is in no way a Blanton comparison.

funny.. i was told that 4/50ish was a pipe dream, lol

I never liked this class of FA pitchers its just bad timing that we have a need when the piece simply wasn't there to get.. Garza was the best overall option i felt due to what i thought he would cost and what he might give us... but it seems clear that was never a real consideration by the org. as this dal would have been easily matched and by most accounts he would have much preferred being here, but cest la vie.

I keep going back to why the hell we just let Williams walk, without some kind of plan, that was a giant mistake.  We were better with him than we are today.. not to mention deeper.

At this point i walk away from the hot stove unless a silly deal falls into our laps.. nothing left out there is a 3.. nothing.  just a bunch of 4s that could have 3 days and 5 days, lol 

get on the phones Jerry, a trade is all you have left to really make it matter

I would go with the trade market if it were up to me. I would move Aybar in a NY minute if it brought us back a number 3, even if that meant going with Romine at short. This offense can handle a Romine in the line up.

I think its best to go the full "rebuild" route this year.  Look to trade both Aybar and Kendrick.  Let's be honest, both are in the last two years with the Angels anyway.  If we can get some good upside pitching products we would be in the position to give Trout a contract he can't refuse, and build for the future.  And who knows, just maybe the rotation of Weaver, Wilson, Richards, Santiago, and Skaggs can be successful. 

If we are not good enough to compete this year (and many believe that is so) than we should seriously consider trading Kendrick and Aybar for the best offer available.

Haha wow. I don't like Garza, but this team really needs pitching. I'd say the angels have a 0 chance of making the playoffs anytime soon.

Edited by failos