• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official: Garza to Brewers

Why exactly? If it is a reasonable contract, and he will give you a solid, if not fantastic 200 innings. He pitched in a bandbox in Cincy and still have solid numbers. I am guessing if we sign him we will still have room for another arm. I am so sick of the thought that everyone sucks, it simply isn't true.

He will get lit up in the AL.  He is an average pitcher at best.  He is old.

I'm indifferent about this.  Part of me says he would have improved the staff.  The other part says injury risk, and we don't have much payroll flexibility to take on such risk.  

If we get Santana or Jiminez, then we could revisit this as a dumb move not to sign him.  

Arroyo, a one year stopgap wouldn't be bad.  Even 2 years if it's like a $6-8 million a year deal.

He will get lit up in the AL. He is an average pitcher at best. He is old.

All we need is an average pitcher. He might not be as good as Garza, but he is a helluva lot more healthy. Would I like to get David Price, yes. Would I like to get Scherzer, yes. Those guys aren't available. Get a healthy arm without much of a dollar commitment and wait for either the trade market to open up or for next years class of free agents.

All we need is an average pitcher. He might not be as good as Garza, but he is a helluva lot more healthy. Would I like to get David Price, yes. Would I like to get Scherzer, yes. Those guys aren't available. Get a healthy arm without much of a dollar commitment and wait for either the trade market to open up or for next years class of free agents.

If rather save money and roll out Blanton than sign Arroyo.

The Angels do not need an average #3.  They need an above average #3.

The Angels do not need an average #3. They need an above average #3.

Jim, we will have to agree to disagree here. If the offense does what it did last year then an average number 3 is all we need. Now just because we start the year with him as the number 3 doesn't mean we will end the season that way. We could also become buyers sometime during the season.