• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official: Garza to Brewers

Hamiltontown, honesty I give Jerry an A+ for his limited spending allowance from Arte. But like I said 3 time earlier, they are not allowed to spend money this year. Arte makes the rules and he don't wanna pay.

Arte has committed like $160M for this years team so what do you mean by he don't wanna pay? Arte is paying up on some huge contracts.

Arte has committed like $160M for this years team so what do you mean by he don't wanna pay? Arte is paying up on some huge contracts.

He is not taking on new money this year.  There you go.  You knew what I meant from the first post.   You and I are mostly on the same page.   Can't believe you are defending the cheapskatness this year.

He is not taking on new money this year. There you go. You knew what I meant from the first post. You and I are mostly on the same page. Can't believe you are defending the cheapskatness this year.

I refuse to call Arte cheap. I also have seen him be called cheap and we end up with Vernon Wells. Edited by Hamiltown

You know if it was anybody but the Brewers I might.   Like I said might agree with you.  But the Brewers, come on.   I dunno maybe Garza has family in Maryvale AZ or something.  I dunno.

;-)

Bonus points if anyone even understands what the hell I really meant by that.    Zing!!!!

Maybe the brewers were willing to offer a 4th year when nobody else would.

I don't understand your maryvale reference.

I'm honestly still a little perplexed by the fact that the halos weren't in on this.  Maybe Garza wanted to sign with the brewers, but it's more likely the Halos didn't want to pony up.  13mil per for Garza seems reasonable and much less than I predicted he would get.  I'd have been fine with that deal and feel like there is a good chance he accumulates the 8 WAR to make the deal worth it. 

Brewers spring training is in Maryvale.

Worst location in the Cactus League.

My cousin was a trainer in the Brewers organization. I used to go there all the time and get all acccess. Great times. Met a lot of big leaguers. During the season he was with the triple a team in Nashville. He didn't like all the traveling and being away from the family.

i had said something about the Yanks some time ago as possible trade partners... with recent changes it makes even more sense as i dont think they spent half a Bil to go into the season with still question marks on the infield

Kendrick for Nova?

The Yanks won't trade pitching at this point. The only way this works is for a third team to be involved. I can see them being in the market for an infielder, though. They have one of the worst infields in the American League, at least on paper.

All we need is an average pitcher. He might not be as good as Garza, but he is a helluva lot more healthy. Would I like to get David Price, yes. Would I like to get Scherzer, yes. Those guys aren't available. Get a healthy arm without much of a dollar commitment and wait for either the trade market to open up or for next years class of free agents.

Blanton was healthy, too healthy!

Ever wonder if maybe the medicals scared them off?   A lot of people felt that Garza might be paid the best among the pitchers left because of the lack of draft compensation -- he ends up getting 52 mil.   The D-Backs wouldnt go 4 years due to concerns about his arm, it seems the Angels didn't want to go that long either.

FOUR stints on the DL since 2010, both shoulder and elbow.   He's the classic case of where there is smoke, there is fire.  

Garza's price was in the ballpark. I feel something else must have deterred Dipoto and gang from signing him. I would speculate it had something to do with his long term health as well. 

We now automatically assume every free agent pitcher that isn't a bonafide ace is Joe Blanton. Not just Joe Blanton, but 2013 version of Joe Blanton.

It's hard to imagine Arroyo being as bad as 2013 Blanton, but I'll bet he comes close.