• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official: Garza to Brewers

That's a reasonable deal for him all things considered, but I don't mind the Halos passing on it. Much more desirable arms available next winter. No need to tie up a good chunk of their future available money on an arm like him

Definitely need to sign another cheap arm though to add depth

Come on down, Capuano! 

Arroyo is too HR happy, and Capuano is a better target for facing the acquired lefty hitters throughout the division. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Jesus Christ. Well we have guys like Santiago and Skaggs instead of guys like Blanton and Hanson. CJ pitched really well last season and at times so did Weaver. But if you want to assume they will suck go right ahead.

I think fans are excited but want depth. It's hard to count of the 3 guys throwing 200 inning when they have never done it before.

I think fans are excited but want depth. It's hard to count of the 3 guys throwing 200 inning when they have never done it before.

Another reason a guy like Arroyo makes sense. In a nut shell it doesn't matter who pitches if Hamilton and Pujols shit the bed. So assuming they won't shit the bed and they put up solid numbers then we need guys to keep us in games. Arroyo, more than likely can do that as a decent cost.

Jesus Christ. Well we have guys like Santiago and Skaggs instead of guys like Blanton and Hanson. CJ pitched really well last season and at times so did Weaver. But if you want to assume they will suck go right ahead.

Because if one of our SP goes down, we'd have to bring up Blanton. Besides, you shouldn't get your hopes up on Santiago/Skaggs (yet)--they're still pretty young

Edited by failos

And what are we gonna get from our current guys?

2012 Weaver or the 2013

2012 CJ or 2013

We are potentially screwed....again

Front Office depending on our Bats again. Oh ya that worked out well last season. What a waste of a season and it's January.

This team has over $90 million committed to only 4 players by 2015-2016, and all 4 of them will be 33 years old or older. It looks like the FO finally is realizing that they need to spend more wisely and need to rebuild the farm system to have sustained success. What they have done lately isn't working and has only limited them. They have a bloated payroll with not much to show for it. Piling on more bad contracts to offset other bad contracts is not the way to go

Addin Garza would have given the rotation a bit more stability but let's not act like he's some difference maker

Another reason a guy like Arroyo makes sense. In a nut shell it doesn't matter who pitches if Hamilton and Pujols shit the bed. So assuming they won't shit the bed and they put up solid numbers then we need guys to keep us in games. Arroyo, more than likely can do that as a decent cost.

But we already have Blanton under contract. We disagree on the Arroyo and Blanton comparison but to me they are very similar and I'd rather save the money then sign arroyo

Wow, not getting Matt Garza shouldn't cause a panic.  We traded Trumbo for 2 young assets, one with positive major league experience.  The other has the potential to be really good.  Garrett Richards is more than capable.  I don't see a huge panic here. Everytime we sign a veteran, people are upset the kids don't play.  Let them play.  Now you have money to make a trade in season, if needed.  

Now, if we do add someone else, would Capuano or Maholm be an upgrade?  They are career 1.40+ WHIP guys.  If we went after someone else, I would go Arroyo.  I know Arroyo has the tendency to give up homers, but playing in Cincinnati, that can be expected.  He has sub 4 ERAs the last 4 of 5 years, with a career WHIP of 1.29.  If you can get him for a year or 2, he'd be better IMO then Capuano or Malholm.

But we already have Blanton under contract. We disagree on the Arroyo and Blanton comparison but to me they are very similar and I'd rather save the money then sign arroyo

CD, look at their last four years and tell me they are similar. 2007 was the last time Blanton had an ERA under 4 and most of those years he was in the NL.

failos, I am willing to bet, anything you would like to bet, that they sign a veteran arm. They will sign an Arroyo, Malholm, Capuano type for depth. I don't see this team not spending its resources they have.

Yeah they definitely will at this point, but I don't think any of those guys would be enough to propel this team into the playoffs.

Yeah they definitely will at this point, but I don't think any of those guys would be enough to propel this team into the playoffs.

Could any of those guys, along with more health, and a better performance from Hamilton and Pujols, keep us in it until the trade deadline?

Which is why Capuano would be a great utility pitcher acquisition. 

Between Richards, Santiago, Capuano, and Skaggs, they could still end up pitching somewhere around 600 innings. 

Big part of all of this is Hamilton at least reverting back to 2012 and Pujols at least reverting back to 2011.    Even that would be a HUGE improvement over their 2013 seasons. 

Edited by Angel Oracle

Could any of those guys, along with more health, and a better performance from Hamilton and Pujols, keep us in it until the trade deadline?

Arroyo, if he produces similar numbers as last year. But the other problem with this team is the horrid bullpen--which was only marginally improved this offseason. I'm fairly certain Hamilton will bounce back...not sure about Pujols though. Edited by failos