• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carlos Ramirez suspended 100 games

Scott34

Just because I personally KNOW Carlos, I will tell you that he retired from baseball 2 weeks ago.  He's going back to college to finish his degree and spend time with his daughter. 

Was this guy one of the minor leaguers at our fanfest a couple years ago?

Should trade him to Colorado. He'll like it there.

The CO law is actually going to make things interesting.  Not just in baseball, but in all sports that currently have pot on their banned substance list.

If it's legal to drink a beer and smoke pot in a state, how/why do you have that on your banned substance list? 

pot is harmless. you can abuse anything in life, but that doesn't make it inherently harmful. i don't even smoke weed.

I'm sorry, but this statement is so full of wrong i dont even know where to start... how can anything that impairs be harmless?

alcohol proves that wrong beyond any reasonable doubt and you have to make a lot bigger effort with booze than pot

The CO law is actually going to make things interesting.  Not just in baseball, but in all sports that currently have pot on their banned substance list.

If it's legal to drink a beer and smoke pot in a state, how/why do you have that on your banned substance list? 

There are some over the counter meds that are banned in sports.  Not sure this is really anything new.  Andro was available at GNC and banned by the NFL and IOC ,long before MLB decided to add it to it's banned list and before it was finally classified as a roid in 2005.

I'm sorry, but this statement is so full of wrong i dont even know where to start... how can anything that impairs be harmless?

alcohol proves that wrong beyond any reasonable doubt and you have to make a lot bigger effort with booze than pot

feel free to start and finish anywhere you'd like. POT IS HARMLESS. i'll tell you to be careful about using "impair" as your starting point because you're not going to like where it takes you. there are many harmless things that can "impair" us. i don't accept driving as an example for harm because it's not the weed that's causing any harm. i can also testify that the most cautious i've ever driven was while stoned, but i gave all of that up decades ago.

Pretty simple, your employer can still fire you for taking a legal substance. If you came into work doped up on legal pills and it affected your job, you can get fired. Same thing with legal pot, if the employer doesn't want it around, it doesn't matter that it is legal.

feel free to start and finish anywhere you'd like. POT IS HARMLESS. i'll tell you to be careful about using "impair" as your starting point because you're not going to like where it takes you. there are many harmless things that can "impair" us. i don't accept driving as an example for harm because it's not the weed that's causing any harm. i can also testify that the most cautious i've ever driven was while stoned, but i gave all of that up decades ago.

Judging your own ability to drive cautious while impaired is exactly what im talking about... you are not capable of determining your ability to drive when impaired, period.

Its like asking the lunatics to judge the sanity of the inmates.

http://missoulian.com/news/local/article_1d9f6f8a-2137-11e0-a0be-001cc4c002e0.html

Gah!  This isn't the point.  There are laws against driving impaired.  Crap, I would ground my kids for 7 months if they ever did any drug.  But that is my call as a parent.  Not the government's call.  Not MLB's call.

Pot is not a performance enhancing drug.  There is absolutely zero point for it to be on any prohibitive list for athletic competition.  It is inane.  As doc pointed out, it is especially inane and hypocritical that players get perhaps a dirty look from MLB for DUI but get suspended for sparking up at home.

Gah!  This isn't the point.  There are laws against driving impaired.  Crap, I would ground my kids for 7 months if they ever did any drug.  But that is my call as a parent.  Not the government's call.  Not MLB's call.

Pot is not a performance enhancing drug.  There is absolutely zero point for it to be on any prohibitive list for athletic competition.  It is inane.  As doc pointed out, it is especially inane and hypocritical that players get perhaps a dirty look from MLB for DUI but get suspended for sparking up at home.

actually yes there is, its called illegal.

Not in every state any more. 

By the way, so is speeding.  Should players get suspended for that?

are we really going to run every possible offense out there or should we stick to the issue of illegal and on the ban list... its really not difficult. 

is speeding on the ban list?  no

is dui on the ban list, no

again if you wanna argue whether they should be or not thats a different issue

Pretty simple, your employer can still fire you for taking a legal substance. If you came into work doped up on legal pills and it affected your job, you can get fired. Same thing with legal pot, if the employer doesn't want it around, it doesn't matter that it is legal.

If you come to work drunk, I'm pretty sure you'd get fired, also.

The new pot legalization here in CO is interesting. Only some municipalities and counties are allowing it (Denver City & County, for one), and they are limiting where it can be used. Not on public property, nor on the 16th Street Mall downtown. The City Council reversed itself, as it was going to prohibit usage in any area that can be seen from the street. Now you can smoke 'em if you got 'em on private property, but if you rent and your landlord doesn't want you smoking it, you can be evicted. They're now advising landlords to add that to any rental agreement.

If by "different issue" you mean "the issue we're talking about" then yes, yes it is.

no, it isnt.. im talking about the man being suspended for using an illegal drug on the ban list when he was well aware of the ramifications... you guys are bringing the peripheral nonsense into when its moot.