• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carlos Ramirez suspended 100 games

Scott34

seriously.  get arrested for a DUI and your team is 'disappointed'.  Smoke some weed in your home after a game and you get a suspension. 

This. 

I'm not sure why they consider smoking some pot to be more of a hazard to the game then someone driving recklessly and putting others in danger. 

Carlos is just being stupid. Based on talent, he should've been a major leaguer by now. Enough talent behind the plate and enough of a bat to carve out a role as a back up.

Is it stupid that pot gets you suspended? Yeah. But know what's even more stupid? The person unwilling to stop using it so he can play the game at the highest level and become a millionaire.

seriously.  get arrested for a DUI and your team is 'disappointed'.  Smoke some weed in your home after a game and you get a suspension. 

im sure the smokers among us will disagree but its really rather simple, alcohol is not an illegal drug, weed is... even abusing alcohol isnt illegal unless something bad happens... thus champagne in the clubhouse... whereas even possessing weed is a crime in most places.

bottom line the comparison is moot, silly, and irrelevant... any questions?

we can argue the merits of this in another thread but these facts are what they are... smoking pot is not only illegal, but is specifically on the ban list.. the players know this, if they are stupid enough tio light up and value that over their career, thats on them, no sympathy from me

I don't imagine MLB is willing to shrug their shoulders at smoking pot when it's still illegal in nearly every state. They would also have a big PR problem with kids and families, two of their biggest supporters.

im sure the smokers among us will disagree but its really rather simple, alcohol is not an illegal drug, weed is... even abusing alcohol isnt illegal unless something bad happens... thus champagne in the clubhouse... whereas even possessing weed is a crime in most places.

we can argue the merits of this in another thread but these facts are what they are... smoking pot is not only illegal, but is specifically on the ban list.. the players know this, if they are stupid enough tio light up and value that over their career, thats on them, no sympathy from me

drinking and driving is also illegal yet I haven't seen any players get suspended for it.  It's inconsistent to a ridiculous degree. 

That said, Carlos is either a moron or he has an addiction problem. 

You're kind of right, but also kind of wrong.

It's legal in CA with an easy to get prescription, which I'll assume he has since the days of back alley drug dealing of dime bags are in the past.

Also, you're point about it being a crime in most places is mildly correct. The Feds and DOJ are extremely relaxed and actually knocking down the severity of the crime in many, many states. This mainly has to do with marijuana being grouped as a schedule 1 drug right up there with heroin and other really hard drugs. It's also legal for "medicinal" purposes in quite a few states, with more adding soon.

It's also not moot or irrelevant when scince and stats dictate that alcohol is worse than alcohol.

I only post because you sound like an old guy reading from a 1988 marijuana pamphlet. It's not what it used to be.

drinking and driving is also illegal yet I haven't seen any players get suspended for it.  It's inconsistent to a ridiculous degree. 

That said, Carlos is either a moron or he has an addiction problem. 

maybe the better question is why are those things not suspendable offenses, not why isnt pot?  just a thought. 

either way alcohol still isnt an illegal drug which is a key difference regardless. 

You're kind of right, but also kind of wrong.

It's legal in CA with an easy to get prescription, which I'll assume he has since the days of back alley drug dealing of dime bags are in the past.

Also, you're point about it being a crime in most places is mildly correct. The Feds and DOJ are extremely relaxed and actually knocking down the severity of the crime in many, many states. This mainly has to do with marijuana being grouped as a schedule 1 drug right up there with heroin and other really hard drugs. It's also legal for "medicinal" purposes in quite a few states, with more adding soon.

It's also not moot or irrelevant when scince and stats dictate that alcohol is worse than alcohol.

I only post because you sound like an old guy reading from a 1988 marijuana pamphlet. It's not what it used to be.

lol, or perhaps im a guy that knows pot isnt a harmless as you paint it to be?  bet that didnt occur to you, but i guess thats moot too.