• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Carlos Ramirez suspended 100 games

Scott34

and nobody is saying he shouldn't have been banned under the current rules.  He's an idiot.  We are saying the rules should be changed.

why?  just cause you dont agree with them doesn't mean they should be changed, maybe your casual opinion of pot is what should be changed... but im sure you will disagree with that.. which is fine i guess

Hey Claude, in case you didn't know.  LSD and pot are not the same thing.

No they're not, neither one is a performance enhancing drug, but, LSD is wayyyy more performance impairing than a little weed is. Hell, they should start an LSD Baseball League where acid is mandatory pregame for all the players (and fans). Now that's entertainment!

Its on the violations list in MiLB but not MLB I believe.

It's still on the banned list in MLB.

From what I've read, if they're caught by MLB and comply with their treatment program, they're not disciplined.  If they don't comply with the treatment program (I assume meaning getting caught a 2nd time), they're fined.  If they're then actually dumb enough to get caught again, they're basically at the mercy of the commissioner.

Should we just ignore the good that cannibus is doing in certain treatments of medical conditions?

I don't think anyone here is defending Ramirez, because he knew what the rules were.

But why bag on cannibus all together, when it can have medical benefits for some adults?

Edited by Angel Oracle

why? just cause you dont agree with them doesn't mean they should be changed, maybe your casual opinion of pot is what should be changed... but im sure you will disagree with that.. which is fine i guess

What.. Are you trolling? You're saying that we should just accept things because that's the way they are? Should women and black people never have been given the right to vote?

And it's not really a casual opinion. It has medical benefits, google Dr Sanjay Gupta. It would provide a lot of tax revenue (well over $250,000 in Colorado alone on the first day of sales), and would get that money out of organized crime. That's just the start of the argument.

Why endorse it?

Because as a medical marijuana patient, I can tell you first hand how it has helped with my condition. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2008 after having a foot of my intestine surgically removed. I was prescribed a cancer drug called mercaptopurine, the idea being that due to the autoimmune nature of my condition that this drug would inhibit my immune system thus preventing it from attacking my own body. Mercaptopurine (or M6P as it is also known) is essentially a prescription for mercury poisoning. I was told that it would take a few weeks to start having an effect while it built up in my system. I was also told that I would need to return to the doctor every 6 months to have my blood tested to ensure that it was not doing any damage to my liver and kidneys. Suffice it to say, I never took my medication, instead I took to marijuana which relieves pain, acts as a muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant (for my intestines), acts as a mild and safe immune inhibitor, stimulates my appetite, and otherwise puts me in a good mood. Did I mention I have been healthy and symptom free since I began taking it.

Yeah, marijuana helps. It has medicinal applications as well as recreational ones and we should embrace them all.

I will now step down off my soap box.

Judging your own ability to drive cautious while impaired is exactly what im talking about... you are not capable of determining your ability to drive when impaired, period.

Its like asking the lunatics to judge the sanity of the inmates.

neither one of you are reading what i am saying. driving under the influence of something that impairs you, should be illegal, i totally get that. my driving quip was an admittance to that, sprinkled with a little joke about how slowly i drove.

in regards to marijuana being dangerous, it is absolutely not. you can not die from it. you can not overdose on it. you could get cancer from smoking it, but that's because you're choosing to smoke something, which is in itself carcinogenic (just like meat will be when you grill), and not representative of what is being smoked. eat too many pot brownies in your life, and you may get diabetes from the sugar. pot is harmless, it's science and science is unbiased.

It probably is performance enhancing for certain types of performances...ones that involve eating or paranoia...

Sounds like someone has the same reaction I do.  Running around worrying if I paid the electric bill on time with a can of Spaghetti-o's in my hand. 

Because as a medical marijuana patient, I can tell you first hand how it has helped with my condition. I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease in 2008 after having a foot of my intestine surgically removed. I was prescribed a cancer drug called mercaptopurine, the idea being that due to the autoimmune nature of my condition that this drug would inhibit my immune system thus preventing it from attacking my own body. Mercaptopurine (or M6P as it is also known) is essentially a prescription for mercury poisoning. I was told that it would take a few weeks to start having an effect while it built up in my system. I was also told that I would need to return to the doctor every 6 months to have my blood tested to ensure that it was not doing any damage to my liver and kidneys. Suffice it to say, I never took my medication, instead I took to marijuana which relieves pain, acts as a muscle relaxant and anticonvulsant (for my intestines), acts as a mild and safe immune inhibitor, stimulates my appetite, and otherwise puts me in a good mood. Did I mention I have been healthy and symptom free since I began taking it.

Yeah, marijuana helps. It has medicinal applications as well as recreational ones and we should embrace them all.

I will now step down off my soap box.

keep-calm-and-puff-puff-pass-14.png

feel free to start and finish anywhere you'd like. POT IS HARMLESS. i'll tell you to be careful about using "impair" as your starting point because you're not going to like where it takes you. there are many harmless things that can "impair" us. i don't accept driving as an example for harm because it's not the weed that's causing any harm. i can also testify that the most cautious i've ever driven was while stoned, but i gave all of that up decades ago.

Flop is going to lead the charge against Nyquil and Xanax because they impair.

If you come to work drunk, I'm pretty sure you'd get fired, also.

The new pot legalization here in CO is interesting. Only some municipalities and counties are allowing it (Denver City & County, for one), and they are limiting where it can be used. Not on public property, nor on the 16th Street Mall downtown. The City Council reversed itself, as it was going to prohibit usage in any area that can be seen from the street. Now you can smoke 'em if you got 'em on private property, but if you rent and your landlord doesn't want you smoking it, you can be evicted. They're now advising landlords to add that to any rental agreement.

This is kind of what's happening in California and dispenseries. I know someone that owned a big dispensery in Riverside County and there was a law firm that has had a hard on since day one that had sent out letters and led the charge to shut them all down.....it's also a great income for them.

Long story short, the person I know won in court but it was appealed all the way up to the supreme court (it was actually front page stuff when it was going on) where the supreme court ruled that cities can impose permit or code violations as a loop hole to shut them down.....but much like LA city and maybe county, the courts particularly stated that dispensaries are legal and need to be accessible to patients, so you can't ban or shut them all down.

This is kind of what's happening in California and dispenseries. I know someone that owned a big dispensery in Riverside County and there was a law firm that has had a hard on since day one that had sent out letters and led the charge to shut them all down.....it's also a great income for them.

Long story short, the person I know won in court but it was appealed all the way up to the supreme court (it was actually front page stuff when it was going on) where the supreme court ruled that cities can impose permit or code violations as a loop hole to shut them down.....but much like LA city and maybe county, the courts particularly stated that dispensaries are legal and need to be accessible to patients, so you can't ban or shut them all down.

Yeah, the meth dealers in the IE hate competition...