• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shin-Soo Choo Reaches Seven-Year Deal With Rangers

gotbeer

Exactly. I don't think it's a horrible deal. This move makes the rangers lineup definitely more potent than the angels imo.

At the same time, the Angels have so many question marks(Hamitlon and Pujols), who knows how things will play out.

I disagree.

Choo definitely helps. Probably makes them a top 10 offense now. But the Angels with all their struggles last year were still a great offensive team. All they really need is a moderate Pujols rebound, say a .830 OPS, and they're probably a top 5 offense.

Ya with all his 200 ab's.  Great analogy.

Only I'm basing it on his nearly 1500 at bats in the minors where he hit  .317/.402/.541.    

It's really not a stretch to think Calhoun can be a consistent .275/.340/.425+ bat.  Choo's career neutral park batting line is .274/.375/.435.   Everyone yaps about TBIA but his home park in Cleveland has a HR index of 119, compared to TBIA's 109 for LHBs.   His home park last year had a HR Index of 139 for lefties.  Choo is an amazing OBP machine but he's not that big of a stick.

Would you like for me to tell you about the rabbits now, Lennie?

Edited by Inside Pitch

It sucks that he went to an AL West team, but I'm not going to lose sleep over this like some of you.

You still have to play the games and after two seasons in a row in which the Angels won a paper championship heading into the season, I'm done with predictions and over optimism. I think the Angels as of right now have a solid team and if they add another arm like Garza or someone close to Vargas, they'll be REALLY good.

That said, it all boils down to the if the Angels get off to a good start. If they do, I believe they'll be fine and in a good spot to compete all season long. I think that's all we can ask for as fans and what we should look toward.

Difference is that Texas has solid pitching. LAA did not

Difference is that Texas has solid pitching. LAA did not

Disagree. The Angels are one free agent signing away from having a very competent pitching staff. We could sign Matt Garza tomorrow and then find Richards/skaggs - two guys with middle rotation potential - battling for the 5 spot.