• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shin-Soo Choo Reaches Seven-Year Deal With Rangers

gotbeer

Texas was better than the Halos before making this move and while Choo is a good player(who kills the Angels), I don't think this is a good signing by Texas. Lots of years and money for a player like Choo IMO. Makes them better this year and probably next, but I'd be worried about the last 4 or so years of that deal

we all complain about Hamilton's extreme splits vs righty/lefty pitchers....take a good look at Choo's career numbers vs lefties.

Edited by bloodbrother

Choo definitely has platoon issues. He is a career 92 wRC+ against lefties, a miserable 81 last year.

That said, you really cannot compare any player to Josh Hamilton. He is in a separate class altogether due to his unique history.

Choo is a fantastic corner OF who will hit very well in Arlington. Players like him with 70+ grade plate discipline age far better than players with little plate discipline.

His contact should be fine through his age 36 season.

Texas was better than the Halos before making this move and while Choo is a good player(who kills the Angels), I don't think this is a good signing by Texas. Lots of years and money for a player like Choo IMO. Makes them better this year and probably next, but I'd be worried about the last 4 or so years of that deal

we all complain about Hamilton's extreme splits vs righty/lefty pitchers....take a good look at Choo's career numbers vs lefties.

Hitting eye does age well. he is not a speed guy although he can steal 20 bases a year. Texas lost payroll by not keeping Hamilton/Nathan/Berkman/Cruz

Yes, hence CJ being a #2 and Garza being a #3.

You cool paying number three money to a guy that's nowhere near a lock for even 180 innings much less 200?   Are you really willing to go as many as 5 years with a guy who's pitched 355 innings the last two years and averaged 152 the last three?   

Matt Garza's career 105 ERA+ isn't awful for a 3 -- but his inability to stay healthy should be a concern for any team considering him.

I think we need to have a moratorium on how bad contracts will be towards the end of the contract. We all know that any 6+ year contract given to a 30+ year old will be bad towards the end. YoT can come up with an acronym for for it that we will all hate, but agree with. Kind of like this: WiW (water is wet).