• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Suk-Min Yoon

edgur1995

http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/story/2013-11-30/mlb-free-agency-korean-righty-suk-min-yoon-drawing-interest

He was a starter, winning MVP honors in the Korean league in 2011, before a shoulder problem limited him to relief work in 2013

http://www.bleachernation.com/2013/12/02/plenty-of-interest-in-korean-pitcher-suk-min-yoon-who-might-sign-soon-cubs-could-be-favorite/

For comparison’s sake, Yoon is a couple years older than Hyun-Jin Ryu, who came over from the KBO to the Dodgers this year and pitched extremely well. Ryu had a better career ERA (2.80), threw far more innings, struck out more per inning, walked fewer per inning, and was generally regarded as a harder-throwing pitcher with better stuff.

+ Boras is his agent.  So thoughts of getting him for cheap are out the window.  

Does anyone have any information as to the health of his shoulder?  Last I read, pre-surgery he was siting 91-92 as a starter.  Last year as a reliever, 88-89.  I think he's worth taking a look at but honestly, I don't think he's worth getting your hopes up for.  

I mean pretend for a minute his shoulder is fine and he's regained the velocity he was missing and projects as a starter.  Every team will know that and given the ridiculous pitching market, you'd end up having to overpay for him anyway.  

So what do you hope for?  Hope he's not ok and the Angels gamble on him?  That seems pretty stupid.  Do you hope that everything's perfect and the Angels overpay to get an unproven pitcher's services and slot him straight into the rotation?  That's equally as stupid. 

I don't see any other options here.  You either overpay for an unproven commodity based on a favorable scouting report or gamble on an unproven commodity based on an unfavorable scouting report.  Both are stupid.  Pick your poison. 

Does anyone have any information as to the health of his shoulder? Last I read, pre-surgery he was siting 91-92 as a starter. Last year as a reliever, 88-89. I think he's worth taking a look at but honestly, I don't think he's worth getting your hopes up for.

I mean pretend for a minute his shoulder is fine and he's regained the velocity he was missing and projects as a starter. Every team will know that and given the ridiculous pitching market, you'd end up having to overpay for him anyway.

So what do you hope for? Hope he's not ok and the Angels gamble on him? That seems pretty stupid. Do you hope that everything's perfect and the Angels overpay to get an unproven pitcher's services and slot him straight into the rotation? That's equally as stupid.

I don't see any other options here. You either overpay for an unproven commodity based on a favorable scouting report or gamble on an unproven commodity based on an unfavorable scouting report. Both are stupid. Pick your poison.

Your opinion is understandable but as my views is that his a player that has a high reward-mid risk. He won't draw lots of.money I grantee you that but teams are interested In him. We need to be sneaky and act fast and grab him for a low.price.while everyone is drooling over Tanaka.

That's just the thing though, if he comes cheap, it'll be because he has a bad shoulder and weak fastball, do you want to gamble on that? If he doesn't come cheap it'll be because he's actually quite good, and in this msrket, you have to pay double for "good", which would be stupid in this case because he hasn't pitched in the majors and may need some time in the minors.

Either scenario, he just doesn't fit the Angels right now. If they wanted to take a risk on a projectable import with injury issues they would've signed Tsuyoshi Wada.