• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

Personally I would rather have this lineup:

OF Bourjos, Trout, Calhoun

IF Jimenez, Aybar, Kendrick, Pujols

DH Hamilton

than

OF Trout, Calhoun, Hamilton

IF Freese, Aybar, Kendrick, Pujols

DH? Greene/Shuck/Cron

Defense is much better in the first one and the offense all depends on Pujols and Hamilton. If they don't hit, neither lineup will score too many runs.

Some of you are missing the point on Skaggs - he's more desirable than Cahill because he's cheap, young, and has more upside. Plus - and this is a big plus - there's leftover money for a free agent, even Garza. If the Angels trade for Cahill, they have no money for a free agent and will be forced to either get what they can get for Kendrick or insert Blanton or Shoemaker.

AJ, I'd love to re-aquire Skaggs, but I don't think he can be counted on for a rotation spot, thus making it more important that we get a guy like Cahill or Miley (whom I doubt the d-backs want to move). I'd love to get Skaggs and Cahill, but I don't see the d-backs parting with both.

Personally I would rather have this lineup:

OF Bourjos, Trout, Calhoun

IF Jimenez, Aybar, Kendrick, Pujols

DH Hamilton

than

OF Trout, Calhoun, Hamilton

IF Freese, Aybar, Kendrick, Pujols

DH? Greene/Shuck/Cron

Defense is much better in the first one and the offense all depends on Pujols and Hamilton. If they don't hit, neither lineup will score too many runs.

I bet Conger sees a lot of DH time, then maybe sign a righty for a platoon.

Part of the problem was the Yankees thought he could handle a full time 3B role. 

I'm not advocating signing him to a 2/10 deal or anything but if you can sign him on a 1 year deal for 2 mil and DH him full time, I think he can be a valuable piece.

He played 28 games last year, 80 the season before and 42 the previous. He is done, you should talk to the Yankees about that memo.

@JonHeymanCBS: 1 possible deal on table would send cahill and skaggs to #LAAngels for trumbo

I'm guessing there's more to it than that, but assuming the Angels only have to throw in 1 prospect, freakin do it already! That is about the best deal you could expect for Trumbo.

Unless the White Sox decide to get stupid and offer Quintana, pull the trigger.

I get the feeling it isn't Dipoto we're waiting on.  Mr. Towers, please pull the trigger!

Of course. Dbacks are aggressively pursuing Choo. He's likely their Plan A with Trumbo being the fallback. Speaking of Choo

Exec who spoke with Diamondbacks came away convinced they're getting Shin-Soo Choo, for what it's worth.

Really need some "mystery team" to step up and blow him away with an offer. Skaggs AND Cahill would be an awesome return for Trumbo

Of course. Dbacks are aggressively pursuing Choo. He's likely their Plan A with Trumbo being the fallback. Speaking of Choo

Exec who spoke with Diamondbacks came away convinced they're getting Shin-Soo Choo, for what it's worth.

Really need some "mystery team" to step up and blow him away with an offer. Skaggs AND Cahill would be an awesome return for Trumbo

I hope not! We need this big time!