• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

To be fair, this proposal makes zero sense for Chicago. They'd essentially be trading Santiago for Adam Eaton. More than likely they'd be getting something else from the Angels.

What are you talking about Eaton was supposed to be an absolute stud before he got hurt last year.  It makes zero sense for the Dbacks to give up Skaggs and Eaton for Trumbo.  I wouldn't give up Eaton for Trumbo straight up. 

The sabermetric stats don't love Santiago (and he allowed a ton of baserunners last year), though I suppose Dipoto sees something in him that he likes.

Still, Skaggs + Santiago would be a good haul for just Trumbo. Can't complain. 

Yeah, but I do like his K/9. He's a better arm than Cahill IMO and I woudl have been fine with CAhill and Skaggs. Santiago and Skaggs is a step up

What are you talking about Eaton was supposed to be an absolute stud before he got hurt last year.  It makes zero sense for the Dbacks to give up Skaggs and Eaton for Trumbo.  I wouldn't give up Eaton for Trumbo straight up. 

What are YOU talking about?

Trading Eaton allows AZ to go after Choo AND Trumbo. If Chicago likes Eaton so much that they would give up one of their young pitchers for him, so be it. I really don't think that's enough but hey, if they do then fine by me.

Yeah, but I do like his K/9. He's a better arm than Cahill IMO and I woudl have been fine with CAhill and Skaggs. Santiago and Skaggs is a step up

Needs to limit the walks.

It's good that he won't even be arbitration eligible until next year. If this trade goes down, that would leave the Angels around $20 million to spend. Tanaka? Hoping... 

Edited by Angels

There's going to be other pieces involved. More going from WSox to DBacks, DBacks or WSox to Angels and Angels to WSox.

White Sox could be sending Angels a reliever, or a prospect, Angels could be sending them a prospect or Howie Kendrick, DBacks could be trying to get Chris Sale as part of the deal. It's all speculation until something happens.

Eaton or AJ Pollock are expendable. They have two young CF, two young SS, a legit 3B prospect, and a ton of starting pitching. They also have Cody Ross and zero holes in their lineup. DBacks could've won more games with a better bullpen.

The sabermetric stats don't love Santiago (and he allowed a ton of baserunners last year), though I suppose Dipoto sees something in him that he likes.

Still, Skaggs + Santiago would be a good haul for just Trumbo. Can't complain. 

Hector has some really good stuff. Sabermetric stats don't always paint the entire picture, especially when the painting isn't finished.

Check out these gems.

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=25256931&query=Hector%2BSantiago%2BGem

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=30015745&query=Hector%2BSantiago

http://wapc.mlb.com/play/?content_id=28882913&topic_id=vtp_highlight_worthy&query=Hector%2BSantiago

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=vtp_head_and_shoulders&content_id=28566993