• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

Cahill and Skaggs for Trumbo + low level crap prospect or 2 is fine with me. Cahill isn't flashy but should get the job done as a #4 and Skaggs is potentially a buy low candidate after the down year he had. When his stuff is right, he has #2 starter upside

After that they can then sign Maholm or Capuano to some small deal

Weav

CJ

Cahill

Richards

Capuano or Maholm

Skaggs

Shoemaker

Volstad

the other dude they signed

I can dig it

Edited by bloodbrother

When looking at Cahill's trade value it is important to remember his contract. Which looks like this:

2014 - $7.7m

2015 - $12m

2016 - $13m team option ($300k buyout)

2017 - $13.5m team option ($500k buyout)

Given today's FA pitching market, this certainly is not outrageous. However given AZ's pitching depth, this contract would be one they would love to move when they are able to get similar production for league minimum. 

6:52pm: The Diamondbacks are in the hunt for Choo, according to Rosenthal (Twitter link). As we heard earlier, Arizona is also very much in the mix for Mark Trumbo, so as Rosenthal notes, it appears the club has several options, including trying to sign Choo and trade for a pitcher, or acquiring Trumbo and signing a free agent pitcher.

Crap

Don't they already have a full rotation?

When looking at Cahill's trade value it is important to remember his contract. Which looks like this:

2014 - $7.7m

2015 - $12m

2016 - $13m team option ($300k buyout)

2017 - $13.5m team option ($500k buyout)

Given today's FA pitching market, this certainly is not outrageous. However given AZ's pitching depth, this contract would be one they would love to move when they are able to get similar production for league minimum. 

That's pretty reasonable. $20 million for two years. Team options for two years after that. He's comparable to Jason Vargas with a shorter commitment.

That said they could've just signed Jason Vargas.

I'll take the over on that. Perhaps even way over. 

A 3.79 FIP would be the lowest of Cahill's career. His career FIP is 4.33 and his FIP has only been under 4 once, in 2011 (3.85).

A lot of these Steamer projections are wildly optimistic. 

Take a look at Jerome Williams' Steamer projection, for example  (as far as FIP is concerned). 3.78 (!!), which is wildly optimistic and nowhere near his actual results over the last few years (or ever, really).

It just doesn't compute. 

Edited by Angels

I'm coming around to Cahill a little.  Steamer has him as a 2.1 WAR, 3.79 FIP in 2014. 

I'd like him better if this team had a great infield D(since he's a high GB% pitcher). With that said, beggars can't be choosers so I'd be totally fine getting him if they are getting Skaggs in there as well

Cahill was once a top prospect himself and keep in mind he's only going to be 26. His best seasons should theoretically be in front of him

Edited by bloodbrother

I'd like him better if this team had a great infield D(since he's a high GB% pitcher). With that said, beggars can't be choosers so I'd be totally fine getting him if they are getting Skaggs in there as well

Cahill was once a top prospect himself and keep in mind he's only going to be 26. His best seasons should theoretically be in front of him

On paper our infield D should be good. Aybar is good, Kendrick average to above average, Pujols (if healthy) above average, and Freese (if healthy) average. A couple of question marks, but it should be at least average. Last year our whole team sucked on D for some reason, so it's tough to just base our defense off of last year.

The key here is Cahill and Skaggs for Trumbo and a prospect, how about those two for Trumbo and Frieri?

Then sign Balfour or trade Kendrick for Blue Jays former closer Sergio Santos, Macier Izturis, and Aaron Sanchez?