• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

Trade Trumbo, Lindsay, Kohn for Skaggs, Cahill

Sign Daniel Hudson and Jeff Niemann (minor league deal)

Trade Luis Jimenez for Logan Morrison

1. Trout CF

2. Calhoun RF

3. Pujols DH

4. Hamilton LF

5. Kendrick 2b

6. Freese 3b

7. Morrison 1b

8. Aybar SS

9. Conger C

Ianetta, Green, Romine, Shuck

1. Weaver

2. Wilson

3. Cahill

4. Richards

5. Niemann/ Skaggs/ Hudson

Um...HELL NO. 

Weaver

Wilson

Free Agent

Cahill

Richards

That is how it has to be done.

I would agree, but the only guy I see now that Tanaka wont be posted that can be a reliable 3 starter is Garza. I personally would stay far away from Colon, Ubaldo, Santana.

Edited by SigBaby

Cahill's AAV is about 10mil for his current contract not including option years.  That would leave about 10mil to spend on a FA when you subtract Trumbo's salary.  That will not get us Garza or Tanaka. 

First, that is assuming they won't go over the tax.  Second, this is why it makes sense to trade Howie.  That should free up enough money to get Garza.

First, that is assuming they won't go over the tax.  Second, this is why it makes sense to trade Howie.  That should free up enough money to get Garza.

All things true.  It just depends on what they could get for him to justify Green or Lindsely in the everyday lineup.  Taking on Cahill's salary so we can't get a decent FA starter and putting Shuck/Green as the primary DH sounds less and less appetizing the more I think about it.  Just doesn't seem to make the team any better than what they could do if they kept trumbo and got a couple of low budge FA starters. 

I think they are gonna try very hard to stay under the CBT.  They might end up going over, but I think it's more likely they don't.