• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

If a team thinks it's just a power hitter away from seriously contending, they will overpay for Trumbo.  It's what Jerry did for some reason when he traded away Segura and whomever else to get Greinke.  You overpay for that guy you believe will push you over the top.  I think Jerry can get a #3 starter for him.  We will see what his value is after the trade is done.  I am fine with a trade that makes sense for both clubs but it seems many here want to "win" any trade that involves their own.  I never understood that even in fantasy baseball.  Oh well.

Edited by beatlesrule

Of course they like him.  But most clubs like pitching more. 

Trumbo pluses:

Big time power

Lineup presence

Could still get better

Clubhouse leader (from what I am hearing)

Relatively cheap

Trumbo minuses:

Doesn't hit for average

Doesn't have any plate discipline

Disappears for a couple of months

Not a very good defender

Could actually get worse

Mark is a nice player and if we were to lose him for a below average pitcher, I'd be bummed.  If there is a team that would give us a solid middle of the rotation starter with some club control, that would be great and about what he should be worth all things being equal.  The problem is that because teams value pitching to a greater degree AND some redundancy of value in the market relative to Trumbo, he's unlikely to return the value we would hope.  But all it takes is that one team to believe.

Actually Trumbo is a good defender at 1B, average in RF.

I really hope Dipoto doesn't trade Trumbo for Cahill straight up. Cahill's contract isn't exactly club-friendly (4/46...which includes two option years) and I feel the Angels can get similar production from a few available free agent pitchers. That would cost just cash, not Trumbo + cash.

Wishful thinking and all...but if Dipoto can somehow pull off Skaggs and Cahill, that would be terrific. Trumbo + ?

Except that's not true. The Angels have been listening on everyone for two months (except Trout) and have had to be blown away to deal him. 

They want a high level prospect starter, but not necessarily an Ace, plus a proven young-ish arm. If a team had offered them that in August, they'd have dealt him then. The Angels are happy to keep him too, so unless a team meets their price, they're not moving him. 

Value be damned. He hit 34 HR and costs less than 5 M per season. How many other hitters can give you 25+ that are under 30?

Pedro Alvarez. Paul Goldschmidt. Chris Davis. Brandon Moss. Chris Carter. Mike Trout and Yoenis Cespedes. Josh Donaldson and Giancarlos Stanton.