• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official Mark Trumbo Trade Chatter (DEAL DONE)

The key here is Cahill and Skaggs for Trumbo and a prospect, how about those two for Trumbo and Frieri?

Then sign Balfour or trade Kendrick for Blue Jays former closer Sergio Santos, Macier Izturis, and Aaron Sanchez?

Santos, Izturis, AND Sanchez for Kendrick? Jays wouldn't trade Sanchez for Kendrick straight up

Jerry won't do a one-for-one Trumbo for Skaggs, I wouldn't either. Too risky as we need a solid guy NOW, not hope Skaggs potential can translate in the big leagues after two failed stops and a lackluster AAA campaign in 2013.

Cahill and Skaggs. If you have to add a prospect, do it.

If the worst case scenario is Trumbo for Cahill, I won't be disappointed, but I'd like to get two back for Trumbo if it's not for a Orodozzi or Kendrick for Ventura.

Here's an idea, Angels get Cahill and Odorrozzi, Rays get Bradley, Skaggs, Gregorius, Yarborough and Pollock, D'backs get Trumbo, Price and Jepsen. Probably more prospects involved, but not a bad three way trade.

If Trumbo can only get us Cahill and Skaggs, so be it but I am hoping Dipoto at least tried to get Price from the Rays by offering the Mets Aybar, Trumbo and whomever else that convinced the Mets to send the Rays the players they want for Price.

Cahill or Skaggs. The other teams interested in Price can offer a lot better package of prospects.

Who could they be?

Ok so obviously DBacks. Rays. Rockies had interest. Giants could have interest. Red Sox may have interest. That's five in.

Pirates could be in. I've heard the Royals but that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe the Nationals would be in. That's only eight.

Yankees don't have a place for him to play. Not going to A's, Mariners, or Rangers. Doubtful he goes to Miami. That's five out.

Dodgers are out, Astros are probably out, White Sox out. Mets are out. Phillies are out. Ten out.

Can't imagine the Tigers are in. Braves unlikely.

Who's left? Reds unlikely, Jays really unlikely. Indians unlikely.

The six teams left are the Brewers who are in. Twins maybe in, why? Cubs, who knows. Cards are out you'd think. Orioles could be in. Padres doubtful.

Who did I put in the wrong spot?

I can't imagine that there would be a dozen teams interested in an essentially one-dimensional player. It's an exaggeration, of course, but I remember my late father saying about players of a similar stripe, "He has to hit the ball out of the park to get on."

I don't know where Boston would play him, now that they have brought Mike Napoli back. Trumbo isn't good enough defensively that you would want him as a full-time outfielder, and they seem to have first base fairly well covered. He certainly wouldn't displace David Ortiz at DH.

Washington might be an intriguing choice, but they just traded for Doug Fister from Detroit and I can't see them immediately dumping a starter, which is what we would be after in any Trumbo deal. The market seems to be very limited. He doesn't seem to fit the Tampa salary profile, nor Kansas City. Wrigley Field might be a place that he would thrive, but the Cubs probably don't have much that would interest us.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan