• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

Im lucky that i have a gym at work during covid... sucks because i get stuck working out with bosses i cant stand, and now i have to be at work 7 days a week. 

But since just before covid started in early march... im up almost 5 pounds muscle, down 17 in fat... shed 8 percent body fat. And im back to close to 100 pounds over body weight on the flat bench.

No bars open, and cooking at home make a difference... 

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

12 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im lucky that i have a gym at work during covid... sucks because i get stuck working out with bosses i cant stand, and now i have to be at work 7 days a week. 

But since just before covid started in early march... im up almost 5 pounds muscle, down 17 in fat... shed 8 percent body fat. And im back to close to 100 pounds over body weight on the flat bench.

No bars open, and cooking at home make a difference... 

Damn.

You should tag Blarg. I think he's been dieting for 10 years.

I’ve been walking 3-4 miles a day and I cut out carbs.  I ordered a Peloton that will be delivered towards the end of June.  Starting a new regiment is easy, staying on one for me it difficult.  At the beginning I have to be 100% with no cheating.  What I have to be able to manage is when I have a bad day or two, to get back at it.  

I got a bike for christmas a few years back, with the intention of riding it to the gym instead of driving. Did it like 4 times...

Once covid started, i started riding my bike around on sundays, just to get out of the house...

Using my fitness gizmo, i burn around 400 calories in roughly 30 minutes, literally just chill bike riding around my neighborhood.

For those who hate running, look into that. You obviously need to do more than just ride a bike for 30 mins. But its surprisingly more of a workout than i figured. 

2 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I got a bike for christmas a few years back, with the intention of riding it to the gym instead of driving. Did it like 4 times...

Once covid started, i started riding my bike around on sundays, just to get out of the house...

Using my fitness gizmo, i burn around 400 calories in roughly 30 minutes, literally just chill bike riding around my neighborhood.

For those who hate running, look into that. You obviously need to do more than just ride a bike for 30 mins. But its surprisingly more of a workout than i figured. 

Is it because the legs are the biggest muscles thus it burns the most calories?  I have no idea, and I am sure someone will call me an idiot for this assumption.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Is it because the legs are the biggest muscles thus it burns the most calories?  I have no idea, and I am sure someone will call me an idiot for this assumption.  

Could be...

Id assume any form of cardio will work.... im just surprised, because aside from some of the inclined streets i ride (which you wouldn't even notice in a car), i dont feel like im working hard at all... a decent chunk of the time im not even peddling. Just cruising.

To be fair, im working out about 2 hours a day, 7 days a week.... so maybe its tied in to that. Per the test i took this week, im burning about 100 more calories a day at rest than i was in march... so maybe thats why.

Still. I recommend it to anyone... i wasnt even doing it to exercise, just out of boredom. But if say i did an hour and burned 7-1K calories... thats a solid workout.

Plug in your headphones and listen to an hour of Sopranos on amazon prime... the time goes by quicker than you think.

(I said sopranos to sound cool... i usually do an episode of married with children or the simpsons..... like I said, im doing it to relax)

11 hours ago, m0nkey said:

I wanted to watch the sopranos after I finished the wire but that’s also leaving prime in a couple of weeks. 

I buy stuff like that, even if its free on prime, just because i know at some point it wont be

Vudu has great deals all the time and stuff like that

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

How are you all faring during the lockdowns without gym access if you don't have a home gym?

I have been surprised at how much easier it was been to eat healthy and exercise while quarantined. I am down about 5 pounds since this all started back in March - I weigh less now than at any time in the last 18 years.

Exercise has had some challenges. I started building my home gym before this all happened, and because of an arm injury, I never finished it (didn’t buy dumbbells, plates, or pulley attachments). And then home gym equipment became like hand sanitizer or toilet paper - impossible to get. So I have relied primarily upon running/walking, a kettle bell, a medicine ball, and exercise bands to get my workouts in.

I was finally able to score some dumbbells this week. Chuck, you actually posted a link to the adjustable dumbbells you bought. The company that sells those is actually located in Brea. I called them up, and they were nice enough to allow me to go their warehouse and buy a set. And I found another company that is going to sell me plates (they should arrive in the next few days). So my gym is getting close to complete and I’ll be able to start lifting more (my arm injury permitting).

On 5/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Sully151 said:

My climbing gym has been closed since March 12. It sucks not to climb 3 days a week. I totally feel the loss.

I finally got off my ass and started doing MMA back in January... by February I was going 4 times a week, and still lifting 5....

This was going to be the year I finally got it together again

#covid

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I finally got off my ass and started doing MMA back in January... by February I was going 4 times a week, and still lifting 5....

This was going to be the year I finally got it together again

#covid

Sounds like you should start an underground fight club

• 2 months later...
56 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Had to dig to find this thread.

Up 14 muscle, down 33 fat. Lost 18 percent body fat since march (first testing i did). Have abs again for the first time in like 7 years.

Bars closing helped a ton... wish we had a pandemic earlier.

What workouts you been doing?

21 minutes ago, NrM said:

What workouts you been doing?

Too much.

Not kidding... probably need to break for a few days. Have bad insomnia, and have been platued. Lost 5 pounds last count, but all muscle. Up 2 percent body fat.

Havent vacationed this year, so have only missed about 7 or so days since january.

7 days lifting, 2 mile a day run on the treadmill. 4 days cardio at my MMA gym, 2 boxing, at least one BJJ, but hard to get more than one because if my schedule.

I could probably cut back and see better results, but I have too much of a routine right now. 

But my advice is all diet. Watch your calories, eat as much unprocessed food as possible. Like zero fast food.... that will help more than a workout.

For simple workouts, id say 5 days a week (more if you can), with at least 20 mins of cardio, and at least an hour of lifting.

Sounds intimidating to some, especially if you dont excercise. But anyone can do it.

Think about how much time we waste watching baseball, or talking about it on here. 

Now figure if at night, when you watch the game, instead of sitting, you do simple stuff at home (with the gyms shut down). Run in place, jumping jacks, crunches, etc etc... even something simple like that, 5 days a week, with a good diet... youll see results in 6 weeks.... everyone else will in about 10.

Then youll be hooked....  

I have a gizmo that counts my calories burned, and its owned me since i bought it. Im burning at least 1500 a day at the gym. 3K on some days (days off). And knowing what i have to do to burn that is what keeps me strict on what i eat....

Like youd be surprised how much youre killing yourself with sodas, flavored coffee, beer, etc. Thats the first thing to go. WATER only, and coffee with very little in it. Milk is good, but almond milk is better. Cheat day with beers. 

Start there.... its the demon far more than people realize.

2 sodas a day is like a steak calories wise... but with no benefits of a steak. 

Like 4 hours a week of that, 3 sparring. Bag work is by far and away one of the best conditioners you can do. 1000 calories an hour if you push. 

For those of you who cant get to a gym, buy a heavy bag. At least 100 pounds, long banana bag so you can work kicks. Whole setup with the stand for maybe 300?

Work that in your garage every night for at least 45 mins.... youll start dropping fat pretty quick.