• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

Anyone score anything for black friday, home equipment wise? I really wanted to grab one of those PRX power racks, the ones that fold up. But I just dont have the money right now to drop on all the other stuff id need to add to make my garage work.

Grabbed some new bag and sparring gloves at a good price though.

28 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Anyone score anything for black friday, home equipment wise? I really wanted to grab one of those PRX power racks, the ones that fold up. But I just dont have the money right now to drop on all the other stuff id need to add to make my garage work.

I found TORS

Screen_Shot_2018-11-01_at_3.15.57_PM.jpg

2 hours ago, Adam said:

I got a new driver. Was going to get a Mavrik but hit this much better and it was $200 cheaper. 

Callaway XR Speed Driver Review - Golfalot

aren't those the drivers renown for dramatically increasing the number of duck hooks? i swear i could have read that somewhere.

anyhoo, good luck and i hope you enjoy it.

1 hour ago, Tank said:

aren't those the drivers renown for dramatically increasing the number of duck hooks? i swear i could have read that somewhere.

anyhoo, good luck and i hope you enjoy it.

Haha nah. That would be the Big Bertha Diablo I just retired

3 hours ago, Adam said:

Haha nah. That would be the Big Bertha Diablo I just retired

then this must be the one with the massive slice.

i played costa mesa country club last week. nice little course (we played the par 70, mesa something or other).

One of my gyms has cardio classes (that are ass kickers). One of the coaches there is a yoga chick. Her classes are absolutely brutal... 1K calories in an hour easy, like clockwork. Core routine is horrible.

Anyway, been working with her for a bit doing yoga hand and head stands. Holy crap is that harder than youd think.

Anyone here do gymnastics as a kid? Or have kids in gymnastics? 

Fittest guy I ever knew was a male gymnast. Had zero interest in it as a kid.... wasnt for guys. But after working out with that guy (like 20 years ago) I had a whole new respect for it.

The olympics bore the hell out of me. But when they happen to be on and Im at a bar, I always pay attention to the gymnastic rings and bars routines. Those people are insanely strong. 

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

It wasn’t for Black Friday, but I have been in the market for the same Prx racks. Shopped around and went with the Rogue setup. My house is older and the ceilings lower and I was concerned the PRX folds upward. The Rogue folds into the wall. Ordered and received in about four weeks and took me a couple days to set it up. 

i have a few more things to get but really enjoying it. 

D4FB9254-D1C4-41CE-80A0-8D8BC7E6C11C.jpeg

1 hour ago, halomatt said:

It wasn’t for Black Friday, but I have been in the market for the same Prx racks. Shopped around and went with the Rogue setup. My house is older and the ceilings lower and I was concerned the PRX folds upward. The Rogue folds into the wall. Ordered and received in about four weeks and took me a couple days to set it up. 

i have a few more things to get but really enjoying it. 

D4FB9254-D1C4-41CE-80A0-8D8BC7E6C11C.jpeg

Nice little set up! That will definitely get you through the shutdowns.

I kind of figured we were past the lockdowns. Once the gyms opened back up I stopped looking for stuff. Now I wish I got off my butt and grabbed something before it shut down again.

Maybe offer passes to your gym and make us pay it  off for you 😉

2 hours ago, NrM said:

I imagine gym equipment will become really cheap once everything is back to normal next year. Everyone will be selling off their equipment they barely touched.

Thats what Im hoping for. The prices skyrocketed in the spring. Hoping to find some good deals when things normalize. 

Im lucky that my gyms are still open for now (aside from 24 hour). But Id like to have at least a basic setup at home finally for those days I cant make it to the gym

Yeah, I know the drill. I lost 50 lbs following the plan but events pretty much destroyed normalcy for a good three months. I chose to go way off the deep end. 

The cookie jar is safe for now. I have a goal to reach to celebrate my five year anniversary. That's March 1st. Cookies are going to be really stale by then. 

Weighed in today - 204.2. That’s exactly 10 pounds higher than I was on August 1, and 18 pounds higher than where I bottomed out in June.

I have exercised more the last few months than any point in my life, and my diet hasn’t been terrible.  I am guessing some of the increase is muscle, though I have had only minimal improvements in what I am lifting the last few months. My belt hasn’t gotten much tighter, so I don’t think I am adding to my gut. But the amount of gain is still very odd IMO. 

On 12/6/2020 at 10:12 AM, wopphil said:

Weighed in today - 204.2. That’s exactly 10 pounds higher than I was on August 1, and 18 pounds higher than where I bottomed out in June.

I have exercised more the last few months than any point in my life, and my diet hasn’t been terrible.  I am guessing some of the increase is muscle, though I have had only minimal improvements in what I am lifting the last few months. My belt hasn’t gotten much tighter, so I don’t think I am adding to my gut. But the amount of gain is still very odd IMO. 

My gym and my supp shop have a machine that gives you a breakdown on everything. Body fat, weight from muscle, weight from water retention. Maybe have that done, then check back on a timeline. I do it every 2-3 weeks, maybe you do it once a month.

Its important not to focus on weight. You can drop a ton of fat, and only lose a few pounds as you put on muscle. And vice versa as well. 

How do you feel? How do you look? Are your shirts looser in the gut but tighter in the chest/shoulders? Are your pants different in the waist, but not in the thighs (like putting size on your quads)?

I wouldn't bother, TORS. I feel like Phil is trolling and has been for a long time. If you start from the beginning of this thread until now you will see many of us have told him to not use the scale as a barometer over the years, yet he still gives us his scale updates and proceeds to ask for help or what's wrong.

A few of us have even said the same thing (like you just have) in different words hoping it would help, but he still asks the same questions.

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

I wouldn't bother, TORS. I feel like Phil is trolling and has been for a long time. If you start from the beginning of this thread until now you will see many of us have told him to not use the scale as a barometer over the years, yet he still gives us his scale updates and proceeds to ask for help or what's wrong.

A few of us have even said the same thing (like you just have) in different words hoping it would help, but he still asks the same questions.

Dude, what the fuck is your issue? We get it - you are smarter than everyone on here. We should all just go straight to you for advice on everything. Get over yourself, you come across as a total dick. 

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My gym and my supp shop have a machine that gives you a breakdown on everything. Body fat, weight from muscle, weight from water retention. Maybe have that done, then check back on a timeline. I do it every 2-3 weeks, maybe you do it once a month.

Its important not to focus on weight. You can drop a ton of fat, and only lose a few pounds as you put on muscle. And vice versa as well. 

How do you feel? How do you look? Are your shirts looser in the gut but tighter in the chest/shoulders? Are your pants different in the waist, but not in the thighs (like putting size on your quads)?

I agree on the scale. I mostly stopped weighing myself a few months ago. Most of the weight gain has been good weight, but I have put on some fat too. No big deal, I’ll cut down closer to summer. My belt size has remained mostly the same in spite of the weight gain, so I haven’t put on too much fat. 

I am seeing the biggest gains in my shoulders and back. I added 50 pounds to my bench the first three months of the routine, but have totally stagnated the last three months. My triceps have barely budged the entire six months. 

I actually think that when I dieted earlier this year and focused entirely on weight loss, I lost as much muscle as I did fat. I think most of the weight gain the last few months is just putting back on the muscle I lost.