• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

5 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

All the good shit is gonzo.... been waiting on a rogue squat rack... cool as hell, folds inward for storage. Real gyms opening soon at least....

Tdawg, gonna piggyback on something phil said in here. He mentioned fitbit... im not too familiar, but i use a different device called  Myzone. Its a monitor that you where over your chest.

It will track your calories burned very accurately... that alone is huge. With that in mind, contrasted with how many calories youre eating will be huge. Your motivation will come from people noticing, and going "dude, you been working out?" But sometimes that takes longer. 

With this thing, even what you arent "seeing" yet, youll still know, because you ate X amount of calories today, and burned Y. That alone is the only "secret" of weight loss.

Diets dont work. No matter what the diet is. Your body will adjust to whatever you do diet wise. Youll gain more weight when you come off the diet than you started with, because your body has adjusted to making up what you took away from it.

So in simplest terms, burn more than youre taking in. You can literally eat ice cream every day if you want... as long as you burn it off.

I've been trying to focus on behaviors more than anything. Last two months I stopped eating carbs before 4pm... I don't think I have the discipline to cut them out entirely. The last month I've banned eating anything before bed, and after dinner. I figure this will save me an extra 1500 calories a week.

I just gotta be careful I don't start replacing them with new behaviors else where.

6 hours ago, wopphil said:

Has anyone tried to purchase any weights or fitness equipment the last month? I have been trying to get a weight set for my home gym machine, but have been told that fitness equipment has basically been like toilet paper the last two months - everyone bought up all the supply. I was told even the manufacturers have nothing in stock to sell to retailers. And after market pricing is absolutely insane for anything used.

I've purchased 3 kettlebells over the last 1 1/2 months from Rep Fitness and Iron Company.  I used google to search various vendors and most were sold out for the common sizes people use or they're back ordered for a month or so and want you to sign up to get notified when they're available.  I wasn't looking for weight sets but the ones I came across on the sites showed they were out of stock but perhaps you'll have better luck specifically looking through the weight sets that they have.  There's plenty of youtube kettlebell "classes" available that range from 10 minutes to an hour.  If you can't find weight sets I'd recommend getting a few different kettlebells to at least tide you over.   

51 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've been trying to focus on behaviors more than anything. Last two months I stopped eating carbs before 4pm... I don't think I have the discipline to cut them out entirely. The last month I've banned eating anything before bed, and after dinner. I figure this will save me an extra 1500 calories a week.

I just gotta be careful I don't start replacing them with new behaviors else where.

Get into the habit of eating fruit, and vegetables.... the veggies will suck (sorry tank), but it will wean you off of food thats actually good...

The fruit is a lot easier... just pick simple ones that you like. Apples, bananas, etc. Eat a lot of those every day. Youll fill up.... and the fiber helps.....

13 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Get into the habit of eating fruit, and vegetables.... the veggies will suck (sorry tank), but it will wean you off of food thats actually good...

The fruit is a lot easier... just pick simple ones that you like. Apples, bananas, etc. Eat a lot of those every day. Youll fill up.... and the fiber helps.....

I ate 10 pounds of fruit once and was still hungry...

9 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

All the good shit is gonzo.... been waiting on a rogue squat rack... cool as hell, folds inward for storage. Real gyms opening soon at least....

Tdawg, gonna piggyback on something phil said in here. He mentioned fitbit... im not too familiar, but i use a different device called  Myzone. Its a monitor that you where over your chest.

It will track your calories burned very accurately... that alone is huge. With that in mind, contrasted with how many calories youre eating will be huge. Your motivation will come from people noticing, and going "dude, you been working out?" But sometimes that takes longer. 

With this thing, even what you arent "seeing" yet, youll still know, because you ate X amount of calories today, and burned Y. That alone is the only "secret" of weight loss.

Diets dont work. No matter what the diet is. Your body will adjust to whatever you do diet wise. Youll gain more weight when you come off the diet than you started with, because your body has adjusted to making up what you took away from it.

So in simplest terms, burn more than youre taking in. You can literally eat ice cream every day if you want... as long as you burn it off.

Going to play a little devils advocate because you're my boy.

Not all calories are created equal.

Your notion is pretty spot on, but 100 calories of ice cream opposed to 100 calories of broccoli are entirely different. The difference in sugar, that affects glucose, as well as broccoli that has fiber mitigates carb intake. 

I try to think a step ahead with everything. I know what works and what doesn't, but if I eat a bowl of ice cream I have to analyze that caloric intake and figure out the breakdown...while also figuring out the output needed to cure those calories and sugar content that mess up other functions......taking a shit, vitamin absorption, skin coloration, etc.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I've heard this before, do you know what this is all about?

Fiber is listed under carbs on the nutrition box.

I'm not a nutritionist and should get the Lifetime finger wag.

That said, my understanding from doing keto is that fiber cancels out carbs. Now, there are carbs in everything....apples, broccoli, etc. But they do way more good than harm carb wise because of the fiber. Again, not being a scientist, but there seems to be a big difference between types of caloric intake....and the fiber/carb ratio.

Fiber is a pretty solid essential nutrient. I even take supplements of it to add to my daily routine.

I don't know the scientific breakdown, but through dietary literature, fiber essentially negates carbs. For instance, someone doing a keto diet can eat more carbs if they eat more fiber because it cancels it out. I wish I had a better answer, but I'm drunk and kind of follow the scientists over the years.

26 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Bro, I was looking for a drunk answer. There is a reason why people get their history from 'Drunk History.' 

I'm going to bring this up when I get my white dick wet in some El Salvadorian pinocha tomorrow

I do agree that not every calorie is created equal. Our bodies are all so different it's almost impossible to break it down to an exact science.

But for me, if I start focusing not only on calories but carb intake, sugar, proteins, fat etc... I'll go insane and almost certainly give up. While I'm sure taking all of that into account would help me more physically, it just scares me to even think about it right now.

I'm really focused on eating better and moving more. I'm not touching fast food, but I still have the occasional frozen pizza or steak. I just want to do what a normal, everyday person should be doing, which is eating "right" and exercising. This is the rest of my life here. I'll worry about carbs and shit if/when I have to but for now it has to be simple. I have far too long to go to add more to worry about. 

Plus, I figure if I'm eating better, then the carbs and fat and bad shit will be working itself out anyway. Or at least normalizing I guess.

56 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I do agree that not every calorie is created equal. Our bodies are all so different it's almost impossible to break it down to an exact science.

But for me, if I start focusing not only on calories but carb intake, sugar, proteins, fat etc... I'll go insane and almost certainly give up. While I'm sure taking all of that into account would help me more physically, it just scares me to even think about it right now.

I'm really focused on eating better and moving more. I'm not touching fast food, but I still have the occasional frozen pizza or steak. I just want to do what a normal, everyday person should be doing, which is eating "right" and exercising. This is the rest of my life here. I'll worry about carbs and shit if/when I have to but for now it has to be simple. I have far too long to go to add more to worry about. 

Plus, I figure if I'm eating better, then the carbs and fat and bad shit will be working itself out anyway. Or at least normalizing I guess.

It's all about finding what works for you. A lot of the fitness and nutrition stuff really only applies when you are trying to get into great shape. I started with a commitment to hiking on a schedule, and to stop eating when I was no longer hungry, rather than while there was still food on my plate. With that alone I dropped 25 pounds. You kind of plateau at certain stages and then you have to work in new things to keep progressing. 

10 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It's all about finding what works for you. A lot of the fitness and nutrition stuff really only applies when you are trying to get into great shape. I started with a commitment to hiking on a schedule, and to stop eating when I was no longer hungry, rather than while there was still food on my plate. With that alone I dropped 25 pounds. You kind of plateau at certain stages and then you have to work in new things to keep progressing. 

I dropped 40 pounds once and this was kind of what I did. I didn't do any kind of fad diet, I just changed my lifestyle to eat about 6 times a day, more snack type style, and was drinking a lot of water so that when I felt full while eating I would just stop like you mention....this was pretty big.

Outside of that, it was picking healthy things I liked so it didn't feel like a diet. Plus, you thro in results and you want to keep going because you dig the results.

11 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Damn, that's an old school reference. Like back when Blarg called autistic kids genetic mutants.

Ironically, it was this thread or one of the same types that got deleted during the board reset. He was not a fan of Mr. Wicked and I giving workout advice.

I think it was with that kid that played college ball in Iowa or some shit.....he used to post pics of overly ripped chicks in the dude forum and I think was the dude that talked passing on snatch because he was too good looking or something like that.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

Ironically, it was this thread or one of the same types that got deleted during the board reset. He was not a fan of Mr. Wicked and I giving workout advice.

I think it was with that kid that played college ball in Iowa or some shit.....he used to post pics of overly ripped chicks in the dude forum and I think was the dude that talked passing on snatch because he was too good looking or something like that.

cubsphil was his name. he played high school baseball and had some pretty wild adventures as i recall.

22 hours ago, Brandon said:

Going to play a little devils advocate because you're my boy.

Not all calories are created equal.

Your notion is pretty spot on, but 100 calories of ice cream opposed to 100 calories of broccoli are entirely different. The difference in sugar, that affects glucose, as well as broccoli that has fiber mitigates carb intake. 

I try to think a step ahead with everything. I know what works and what doesn't, but if I eat a bowl of ice cream I have to analyze that caloric intake and figure out the breakdown...while also figuring out the output needed to cure those calories and sugar content that mess up other functions......taking a shit, vitamin absorption, skin coloration, etc.

Funny enough on sugar. Was talking to someone about this recently.

Maybe 100 years ago or so, the smart people decided fat was making people fat, so they advocated limiting it as much as possible. But then food sucked.

So they started adding more and more sugar to things. And now we have all sorts of diseases related to it, like diabetes. Heart disease, etc.

One flavored starbucks coffee is about the daily recommended amount of sugar intake....

This is why soda is so bad for you. Its so "easy", that you drink it all the time. Cutting that out is the first step for probably 90 percent of the people out there 

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Funny enough on sugar. Was talking to someone about this recently.

Maybe 100 years ago or so, the smart people decided fat was making people fat, so they advocated limiting it as much as possible. But then food sucked.

So they started adding more and more sugar to things. And now we have all sorts of diseases related to it, like diabetes. Heart disease, etc.

One flavored starbucks coffee is about the daily recommended amount of sugar intake....

This is why soda is so bad for you. Its so "easy", that you drink it all the time. Cutting that out is the first step for probably 90 percent of the people out there 

Yeah, when I started going hard in the paint with diet/working out I came across a ton of foul shit with regards to marketing, preservatives, and bullshit ingredients. I think there may have even been a Netflix documentary on sugar and sugar consumption. It’s really bogus how additives are thrown in or made to duck with us and buy more....everyone knows about the study where the cream in Oreos is purposely designed to get us to eat and buy more. I think the lab studies showed that shit is more addictive than cocaine or some meth concoction.