• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

I think Ive seen many tiers of gym goers now and trying to generalize.....not sure if quite accurate yet

4AM - crazy people

5AM - people who are dedicated but have a normal job

6AM - a little less serious than 5AMers

7AM - people who are finishing their 6AM workout

8AM - 12PM - random, and dudes who try to make fitness their career

12PM - 3PM - strippers, aspiring IG models, drug dealers, people on unemployment

3PM - 4PM - ??

4PM - 7PM - normal people who arent as serious as the morning crowd, gym bros

7PM - close - the weird crowd

Edited by notherhalo

Hmmm, I worked at LA Fitness out of high school and saw it all....ironically instead of a timeline line tier, the women locker room always smelled like bad fish, for real, even the chicks I worked with hated going in there.

That said, I will go by your timeline and shoot for the 12-3 area. I go early morning/midday now, but it's all old ass asians. I'd like some chick to make it clap or some dude to slang me an eight ball in the sauna around 1pm.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:25 AM, wopphil said:

Last year, I dropped about 20 pounds and was in the best shape I had been in for quite some time. This year, I have worked way more at my job, worked out way less, and done a poor job with my diet. Consequently, I have gained back most of the weight (I am about 6' 1", 210; i should be closer to 195).

The weight gain takes a huge toll on me both physically and mentally. I have to find ways to keep my weight in check. I am thinking of putting a gym into my garage. Time is such a premium for me that the ability to spend even just 20 to 30 minutes working out in my garage each day could prove a difference maker.

Anyone have good luck with a home gym? Any recommendations you can make? I am thinking of getting a Marcy Smith cage/machine - they just came out with a new one that looks cool and has tons of exercises). I also intend to get some free weights, kettle bells, bands, etc., as well as a treadmill.

Yeah dude, I just setup my own home gym this past summer and I love it. I'm in there 3-5 days a week depending on how the week goes. 

I got the following on Amazon and set everything up for a low cost of under 500 bucks. It cost me well over $500 a year for my gym membership, but I can do nearly everything I need to do now at home with what I got online. The setup time only took me 4 hours total. 

Here's what I got:

IMG_20190806_130857.jpg

Fitness Reality 1000 Super Max Weight Bench with Upgraded Wider Backrest/Seat (2019 Version), 800 lbs. Weight Capacity: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01CR4XFIK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Body Champ Fitness Multi Function Power Tower/Multi Station for Home Office Gym Dip Stands Pull Up VKR/Space Saving PT600: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000M29CCI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes4All Adjustable Dumbbells 40, 50, 52.5, 60, 105 to 200 lbs with Connector Options: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D487TDA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes4All Interlocking Exercise Foam Mats with Border – Cover 12 & 36 SQ. FT Black: 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072KGHM8Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Resistance Bands: 

https://www.amazon.com/Tribe-Premium-Resistance-Bands-Workout/dp/B01IL6A0I6/ref=sxin_3_ac_d_pm?ac_md=2-1-QmV0d2VlbiAkMjAgYW5kICQ1MA%3D%3D-ac_d_pm&crid=LVEMBH94OR9J

I tied the resistance bands on the bottom leg of my futon couch to do all kinds of arms, shoulders and chest exercises. You can also do kick backs and front leg kicks to work your legs out. I do those and load up my dumb bell and put it on the back of my shoulders and do squats. We're at an age @wopphil where we just need to tighten up, maintain, burn some calories and all the while gain some muscle without overdoing it or going real heavy needing a spotter. You can do all of this at home without a gym membership or gym buddy. One thing not on my list is a treadmill for doing cardio 3 days a week and a couple of different sit-up machines. I do about 800-100 situps/leg raises a week and I walk the dog on a nearby trail 2-3 times a day for 2-3 miles so I don't always get on the treadmill. 

Let me know if you need a workout plan once you're setup. I have written up one for a bunch of my friends and family.

But you got this dude. LET'S GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

You lost m @Chuckster70, I see a treadmill there but you need one?

Also, what is that contraption in the right that looks like a lounge chair that says abs?

Rest of it looks dope. Free weights and dips are where it's at.

Yeah dude I've had that treadmill for 10 years now. I bought it 4 years before I joined the gym and started hitting it hard. I mean, you saw me 10 years ago, while I wasn't fat ass (though I showed it in my face) I was out of shape and like 245 lbs. I just use it for running 10-15 minutes straight on about 3 times a week. I walk the dog for 2-3 miles a day and I get a good sweat from my situps and workout sessions.

Yeah that blur abs chair is great man.. Really good for doing a full ab workout in a crunch and leg lift all in one. I do at least 150 of those a day at the very least 5 days a week.

I totally agree with you about the free weights. I did machines and free weights at 24-hour and Golds Gym the past 6 years but I've seen a ton of growth since I setup my home gym which is mostly made up of free weights outside of the dips, pull ups and some resistance bands work to rep it out after a tough set.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/30/2020 at 8:56 AM, Adam said:

Are you fat fucks losing any weight?

Yeah, I am kicking ass on this new year’s diet. I weighed myself the first few days - weighed in between 210 and 212 each time. I then decided to do something I have never done before - I stopped weighing myself. So I don’t know what I weigh, but I suspect it is around 200 now. I want to be at 197 by St. Patrick’s Day (the first day I intend to weigh myself), and 190 by my 40th birthday in June (a weight I haven’t really been at since college). Both of these numbers seem totally doable to me.

For me, it is all about momentum. Getting started is hard, but once I get a little momentum I get into a zone. I have been exercising a lot - about 300 minutes per week (equal parts cardio and lifting). I have cut my calories down to 1,600-1,800 most days, and even on cheat meals I am not going crazy. Cut my beer intake to once per week.

And I am almost done building my home gym, which is going to make exercise that much easier.

I am now thinking I want to try to radically transform my body the next few years. Make it look better than at any point in my life. I would love to put on 15 pounds of muscle the next 2 years. 

I am definitely motivated by my impending 40th/midlife crisis.

I should add, I am experiencing quite a bit of discomfort and weakness in one of my elbows. I am hoping I just overdid things a bit, but it feels different than typical muscle soreness - it feels weak and strained. I am concerned what this is going to do to my lifting routine. 

7 hours ago, wopphil said:

Yeah, I am kicking ass on this new year’s diet. I weighed myself the first few days - weighed in between 210 and 212 each time. I then decided to do something I have never done before - I stopped weighing myself. So I don’t know what I weigh, but I suspect it is around 200 now. I want to be at 197 by St. Patrick’s Day (the first day I intend to weigh myself), and 190 by my 40th birthday in June (a weight I haven’t really been at since college). Both of these numbers seem totally doable to me.

For me, it is all about momentum. Getting started is hard, but once I get a little momentum I get into a zone. I have been exercising a lot - about 300 minutes per week (equal parts cardio and lifting). I have cut my calories down to 1,600-1,800 most days, and even on cheat meals I am not going crazy. Cut my beer intake to once per week.

And I am almost done building my home gym, which is going to make exercise that much easier.

I am now thinking I want to try to radically transform my body the next few years. Make it look better than at any point in my life. I would love to put on 15 pounds of muscle the next 2 years. 

I am definitely motivated by my impending 40th/midlife crisis.

That’s excellent dude! Keep it up

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

@Chuckster70do you like your dumbbells? I need to buy some adjustable ones, and the ones you have seem far more cost effective than others. Are the clamps tight, or do they loosen while you are using the dumbbells? Also, I presume the weights don’t fit an Olympic bar?

Yeah I like the ones I got off Amazon. Once in a while they get a little loose, but not while I'm lifting. Just a quick tightening does the trick every now and then. 

The weights for the dumb bell won't fit on an olympic bar. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:56 AM, Adam said:

Are you fat fucks losing any weight?

Gains. All the gains! 

I like food too much and love lifting.

That and I walk 6500-10,000 steps a day to work and back to the bus, in addition to walking my dog so both combined with doing leg raises and sit-ups 3-5 times a week, I'm good. 

I have cut down on some carbs though and completely cut off all of the sugars a few weeks back. 

I wanna try intermittent fasting but I feel like it's a fad diet. I'm not going to do that shit for the rest of my life so even if it worked for me I'd just gain it all back after stopping.

Not sure about Keto. It seems to work but giving up carbs forever sounds like a literal hell.

I think I gotta cut out the beer and eat healthy food I enjoy. I fucking love brussel sprouts so I should stock up on that shit. Exercise is lame but I have to do something. I'm probably going to be starting a blood pressure med next week and I fucking don't want that. But it's my own fault.

I have a treadmill so I guess I can start there. Maybe lift some weights occasionally. I'm depressed af but I'd prefer not to die before I reach age 50. Then all the time I've spent making fun of Blarg and Lou will have been for naught.