• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

6 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Dude, what the fuck is your issue? We get it - you are smarter than everyone on here. We should all just go straight to you for advice on everything. Get over yourself, you come across as a total dick. 

A little feisty. You must be up .7 pounds.

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

A little feisty. You must be up .7 pounds.

It’s funny to me how much you crave my attention. What is your thing for me? Are you this much of an attention whore toward everyone, or just the people who ignore your tired game? 

What? Crave your attention? I don't even talk to you or quote you.....I'm not even on here much anymore.

Don't get upset because you ask the same question all the time over the years and get the same answers, but ask anyway. We all have the same answer to your plateau question.

8 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What? Crave your attention? I don't even talk to you or quote you.....I'm not even on here much anymore.

Don't get upset because you ask the same question all the time over the years and get the same answers, but ask anyway. We all have the same answer to your plateau question.

You are an attention whore. Been one since I started posting on here in 2004. It kills you when people don’t tell you shit that helps pump your ego. It’s weird how much validation you require. It’s sad, but whatever, I know you have dealt with a lot of adversity in your life so I won’t judge you too harshly. 

12 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Uh, it's a workout thread, not about me, man.

Sorry to make you go off the rails and go to the Hail Mary personal attacks. I didn't know your weight was a touchy subject.

You interjected yourself into a conversation that wasn’t about you. It kills you that someone else knows more than you think you know about diet and nutrition, so you have to jump in. Again, it comes down to your unending need for validation and attention. You gotta learn to move forward in life pal. 

56 minutes ago, wopphil said:

You interjected yourself into a conversation that wasn’t about you. It kills you that someone else knows more than you think you know about diet and nutrition, so you have to jump in. Again, it comes down to your unending need for validation and attention. You gotta learn to move forward in life pal. 

I interjected myself into a conversation on a public forum? One where I didn't even give advice?

It's not what I know or don't know, it's your repetitive question.

• 1 month later...

OK, well that cookie jar was emptied, along with several others but the grieving period is over and I'm back on the diet long enough I have the tell tail Keto shits. 

Goal is to take another run at weight loss for a solid year along with steady improvement of my very rusty golf swing. Who would have thought tossing away the clubs for 8 years, sitting on my ass in an office and commuting for 11 hours a day with no practice time would ruin my swing? 

The first time I went to the driving range I couldn't get through a large bucket of about 110 balls. I also couldn't hit my pitching wedge 90 yards which was really embarrassing.

Today I used up a full basket of about 230 golf balls and was hitting my utility wedge 100 yards. Not pro distance but senior respectable. My pitching wedge about 115, the 8 iron landing about 138 consistently. The $10 pro tracker is great for distance measuring. 

Eventually, when I've built up some swing stamina I'll take a few lessons to de-crapify my habits. I know there are a few too many moving parts right now that are preventing clubhead speed and accuracy. 

What is the point of diet and exercise if you are not doing anything but that? 

• 1 month later...

Bump. How you guys doing with post New Years diet and exercise? 

I am the strongest I have been in 20 years. Suit jacket is noticeable tighter than it was 6 months ago, and I have put on about 20 pounds since June of last year (much of which is good weight). I have added about 70 pounds to my bench since June. Now I need to trim down and keep the muscle I have gained. Gonna change up the diet and exercise in a week or two, with the hope of slowing dropping weight for about three months (a pound a week or so). 

21 hours ago, wopphil said:

Bump. How you guys doing with post New Years diet and exercise? 

I am the strongest I have been in 20 years. Suit jacket is noticeable tighter than it was 6 months ago, and I have put on about 20 pounds since June of last year (much of which is good weight). I have added about 70 pounds to my bench since June. Now I need to trim down and keep the muscle I have gained. Gonna change up the diet and exercise in a week or two, with the hope of slowing dropping weight for about three months (a pound a week or so). 

yo tell me your secret to increasing your bench... I'm getting desperate

1 hour ago, NrM said:

yo tell me your secret to increasing your bench... I'm getting desperate

At first there was no secret. Newbie gains. It went up quickly. But then I stalled out. I was stuck at about 195 for 4 reps from September through December. I think the problem was too much cardio. At the end of December I cut cardio and went to a strict lifting only routine. I do chest only on day one, shoulders and biceps day two, then triceps and back on day three (I don’t lift more than two or three days in a row). About 10-12 sets per muscle group each lifting session. And I go heavy.  

My weights went up quickly after that. I added a rep to my 195 set each week for the first few weeks, then bumped up the weights to 205 /215/225 for my sets. In two months I went from 195 for four reps, to 215 for five reps. Keep going as heavy as you can and destroy your chest each workout. For me, that would be like 5 sets of barbell bench, then four sets of dumbbell bench, then 50 push ups (which takes about five sets). 

6 minutes ago, wopphil said:

At first there was no secret. Newbie gains. It went up quickly. But then I stalled out. I was stuck at about 195 for 4 reps from September through December. I think the problem was too much cardio. At the end of December I cut cardio and went to a strict lifting only routine. I do chest only on day one, shoulders and biceps day two, then triceps and back on day three (I don’t lift more than two or three days in a row). About 10-12 sets per muscle group each lifting session. And I go heavy.  

My weights went up quickly after that. I added a rep to my 195 set each week for the first few weeks, then bumped up the weights to 205 /215/225 for my sets. In two months I went from 195 for four reps, to 215 for five reps. Keep going as heavy as you can and destroy your chest each workout. For me, that would be like 5 sets of barbell bench, then four sets of dumbbell bench, then 50 push ups (which takes about five sets). 

I'm thinking I might need to start incorporating dumbbell bench. They're pricey but might be worth it. That and maybe just saying fuck it and not being afraid to put on weight. Thanks for the advice. 

1 hour ago, NrM said:

I'm thinking I might need to start incorporating dumbbell bench. They're pricey but might be worth it. That and maybe just saying fuck it and not being afraid to put on weight. Thanks for the advice. 

I just bought a set of Sunny Health loadable dumbbells. They are nice, and reasonably priced ($80 for the pair). Of course you need weights, as well, and those will probably run you $2 a pound for something rubber coated. 

So I am down 24lbs since January 4th.  Basically doing it through exercise and of course cutting back severely on my carbs.  My diet isn’t perfect, but it is getting there.  I am eating plenty of food, so after my first meal of the day, around 11 or 12, I am not ever really hungry.  I also joined a few challenges using the Apple Watch for closing the exercise rings, as well as the active calorie rings.  The challenge that I’m in gives you max credit for closing the rings 3 times, so that is what I have been doing the last few weeks.  So the last few weeks I have had at least 90 minutes of exercise and at least 1480 active calories a day.  Most of my exercise is coming by way of my Peloton.  Doing some walks, some smaller hikes, lots of stretching and some weights, but not enough.  But I am probably averaging 15 miles a day on the bike, which is 45-50 minutes.  The food part is easy, the exercise part, if I don’t take care of a big part of it before work, is pretty challenging.  I feel great overall.  Just looking forward to taking a day off, which won’t happen for a couple more weeks.  I have a weight goal by my 50th birthday, and I will get very close to it.  

This thread is so good to read.  I managed to gain 30+ pounds over the past year, and am looking to slim back down.  I've figured out over the past couple of weeks that I'm not a kid anymore and I have the random joint pain to prove it.  This is tough, lol.  Will keep plugging away though.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

We could use a bump here. Been down a lot recently. Made some heavy decisions in the fall/winter of last year and have stayed on it. Unfortunately, part of that was not even checking weight or where I was at and just simply doing and creating action. I was probably somewhere around 215 and am now at 192. 200 was the first goal and 180 is the second. At 6' the 180 is going to be tougher than I thought as the easy weight came off pretty easy....no booze since November and pretty much have only cooked my meals since then, also. This last 10-12 pounds is going to require a lot more discipline and constraint with regards to macros, calorie intake, and hidden carbs.

I think I occasionally take my foot off the gas because the drop has been purely diet with no gym or exercise outside of walking because of hernia surgeries and sports injuries and know once I hit it here at the end of the month I'll be fine. It also helps to date a dime piece with a body that makes me feel inadequate.

But looking forward to HIIT and Spartacus here at the end of the month to really take it up a notch.