• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2021 at 9:18 PM, NrM said:

What supplements you guys be taking? I been experimenting trying to fix my retarded brain and body.

Currently taking.. Fish Oil, Vitamin D3, Curcumin, Creatine, CoQ10 and a multivitamin

I have an 80 year old man setup. I intermittent fast and eat a low carb/keto like diet….generally.

As far as supplements:

Morning- 2tbs of apple cider vinegar, creative, CoQ10, and magnesium during the fast period.

Lunch- Vitamin E, D, multi, fish oil, biotin, and fiber.

And what I call an emergency dose if I eat poorly or carb/sugar heavy, chromium and potassium. 

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

I have an 80 year old man setup. I intermittent fast and eat a low carb/keto like diet….generally.

As far as supplements:

Morning- 2tbs of apple cider vinegar, creative, CoQ10, and magnesium during the fast period.

Lunch- Vitamin E, D, multi, fish oil, biotin, and fiber.

And what I call an emergency dose if I eat poorly or carb/sugar heavy, chromium and potassium. 

I believe that's what they fed Robocop. 

HairyThickAyeaye-max-1mb.gif

• 2 months later...

Back on the wagon. 15 pounds (water weight) lost already. I have been counting calories and making sure to have small portions but I haven't completely cut out foods I enjoy; I've just cut back on them. Significantly.

I guess I have a question as I see all kinds of different opinions online: 

Should I do a "cheat" day once a week, or once every 2 weeks, something like that? I've lost weight a bunch of times but the problem seemed to be that I was depriving myself of food (and beer) and then once I indulged I was like fuck it, and was back to square one.

When I say "cheat day", I don't mean I go ham and just fucking binge on food and beer until I pass out. I mean I stop worrying about my calorie intake for one day, but obviously keep things within reason. Still drink a lot of water, etc...

Good idea? Bad idea? I'm a fat homo?

Back on the wagon. 15 pounds (water weight) lost already. I have been counting calories and making sure to have small portions but I haven't completely cut out foods I enjoy; I've just cut back on them. Significantly.

Should I do a "cheat" day once a week, or once every 2 weeks, something like that? I've lost weight a bunch of times but the problem seemed to be that I was depriving myself of food (and beer) and then once I indulged I was like fuck it, and was back to square one.

When I say "cheat day", I don't mean I go ham and just fucking binge on food and beer until I pass out. I mean I stop worrying about my calorie intake for one day, but obviously keep things within reason. Still drink a lot of water, etc...

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I think that’s fine. Having a high fiber diet will help out quite a bit. You fill full easier and quicker and you’ll have more productive shits too. Of course exercise is vital in weight loss 

I'll wait until I've lost 50 pounds before I get serious about that. 

I walked up and down the stairs 5 times the other day and my legs were in a fuckton of pain when I woke up the next day.

I know it's important, but I need to get my diet under control first.

6 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Use your math skills. Take those daily calorie numbers and apply them across a week and see how it works out

9 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

If it were me, I would ditch calorie counting and the idea of cheat days. My sole and first focus would be on doing something sustainable that you can actually do and not feel like you are depriving yourself, that you hate, or that feels like a diet.

Once you have figured out what you can commit to that just becomes natural then you start fine tuning and tweaking.

I've absolutely killed it cheating almost everyday, it's just not over the edge/blow up your day cheats while doing intermittent fasting and eating low carb/sugar. If you want to have a few beers, do it, just make sure the meals around it or for the day take that into consideration. 

I've also been reading a book recently and subsequently following their podcast and they kind of flip the script on the same premise and ideas we already want to use. One of them that may benefit a lot of people is instead of counting calories or macros daily, count them in week intervals....the math still equates, but doesn't pin you down daily because one of the hardest things for me (and I'd assume you if you constantly fail) was I would have a bad day and the guilt and failure component would kick in and I just spiraled out of control giving up on my goals.

Ditch the idea of a cheat meal or day and focus on a healthy lifestyle and incorporate those things you still like or don't want to give up. You're killing yourself and holding yourself back by doing something you don't want to do or want to change.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2021 at 3:00 PM, tdawg87 said:

I'll wait until I've lost 50 pounds before I get serious about that. 

I walked up and down the stairs 5 times the other day and my legs were in a fuckton of pain when I woke up the next day.

I know it's important, but I need to get my diet under control first.

You gotta exercise dude. It’s not even about the calories you burn from exercising, it’s about how exercise causes you to stay disciplined and make better eating decisions. You are less likely to over eat if you sit down for a meal right after having exercised for an hour. 

Don't listen to Phil.

His advice is really to workout aggressively and deal with being hungry. Working out aggressively will make you make better eating choices. Sound and sustainable advice.

This is a baseball message board where no one really gives a shit, but that is really irresponsible advice and doesn't even make sense.

Which is why I posted that video that you didn't watch. The second one about cutting those few extra pounds won't apply, but the rest and the mentality and focus on sustainability does. There are no shortcuts and flab to six packs miracles.

Honestly, it's not even the gym. You can't out work a poor diet. You can even look good or decent without ever stepping foot in a gym.

On 1/20/2022 at 8:41 PM, Brandon said:

Honestly, it's not even the gym. You can't out work a poor diet. You can even look good or decent without ever stepping foot in a gym.

Agreed. 

IMO, you can train every day, but if you eat crap, youll look like it.

At the same time, if you eat clean and dont work out, you still have a chance of looking good.

Diet is the key to it all.