• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The exercise/weight loss thread

Intermittent fasting, keto or any other diet can be used to kick start your weight loss, help you build control and reduce how much you eat.  That doesn’t mean it’s something you have to do the rest of your life to maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight. I started keto in September after getting back from vacation. I completely cut out alcohol, sugar, bread, etc. and when we went out I stuck to salads.  Like any diet it can get monotonous but I’m at the point now where I don’t feel like I have to be nearly as regimented and I hit my goal weight quicker than I thought.

I still follow a low carb diet and the biggest thing it did for me was reduce how much I eat and how often I feel hungry.  I exercise about as much as I used to and I haven’t had any issues as far as energy goes. Commit to something else because I’m sure your health and diet aren’t helping your depression. Good luck. 

19 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I wanna try intermittent fasting but I feel like it's a fad diet. I'm not going to do that shit for the rest of my life so even if it worked for me I'd just gain it all back after stopping.

Not sure about Keto. It seems to work but giving up carbs forever sounds like a literal hell.

I think I gotta cut out the beer and eat healthy food I enjoy. I fucking love brussel sprouts so I should stock up on that shit. Exercise is lame but I have to do something. I'm probably going to be starting a blood pressure med next week and I fucking don't want that. But it's my own fault.

I have a treadmill so I guess I can start there. Maybe lift some weights occasionally. I'm depressed af but I'd prefer not to die before I reach age 50. Then all the time I've spent making fun of Blarg and Lou will have been for naught.

So many success stories with keto and carnivore people significantly improving their mental health by eliminating carbohydrates from their diet. I have anxiety and that shit is completely gone now. Weight loss is just a side effect of keto.

and yeah fuck those old fucks blarg and Lou 

21 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

I wanna try intermittent fasting but I feel like it's a fad diet. I'm not going to do that shit for the rest of my life so even if it worked for me I'd just gain it all back after stopping.

Not sure about Keto. It seems to work but giving up carbs forever sounds like a literal hell.

I think I gotta cut out the beer and eat healthy food I enjoy. I fucking love brussel sprouts so I should stock up on that shit. Exercise is lame but I have to do something. I'm probably going to be starting a blood pressure med next week and I fucking don't want that. But it's my own fault.

I have a treadmill so I guess I can start there. Maybe lift some weights occasionally. I'm depressed af but I'd prefer not to die before I reach age 50. Then all the time I've spent making fun of Blarg and Lou will have been for naught.

I strongly oppose overly restrictive diets. The last seven weeks, I have eaten all of the following: donut breakfast (just once); chic-fil-a sandwich and nuggets (3 or 4 times); frozen yogurt with toppings (three times); IPA (at least once a week I have 2 or 3); pasta (once a week); meatball sandwich (twice); and pizza (twice). 

The key is both moderation and not allowing a bad meal to turn into a bad day or week. Drink your IPA Saturday night, then get your ass back to gym Sunday morning. And do a ton of exercise - I aim for 300 minutes a week of lifting and cardio mix.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:44 PM, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Intermittent fasting, keto or any other diet can be used to kick start your weight loss, help you build control and reduce how much you eat.  That doesn’t mean it’s something you have to do the rest of your life to maintain a healthy lifestyle and weight. I started keto in September after getting back from vacation. I completely cut out alcohol, sugar, bread, etc. and when we went out I stuck to salads.  Like any diet it can get monotonous but I’m at the point now where I don’t feel like I have to be nearly as regimented and I hit my goal weight quicker than I thought.

I still follow a low carb diet and the biggest thing it did for me was reduce how much I eat and how often I feel hungry.  I exercise about as much as I used to and I haven’t had any issues as far as energy goes. Commit to something else because I’m sure your health and diet aren’t helping your depression. Good luck. 

Portion control has always been my issue. 

I grew up with primarily my mom's side of the family which is Italian. My mom and grandma used to cook some mean pasta dishes, but the amount they would serve and that I would have to finish so I didn't get my ass whopped..damn. 

Anyhow, I carried that over into my adult life and I still struggle with portion control. Thankfully I workout enough now and get enough cardio in that it's not a problem. But for the 15-17 years that I took a hiatus from the gym, holy smokes I got fat and out of shape.

40 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Portion control has always been my issue. 

I grew up with primarily my mom's side of the family which is Italian. My mom and grandma used to cook some mean pasta dishes, but the amount they would serve and that I would have to finish so I didn't get my ass whopped..damn. 

Anyhow, I carried that over into my adult life and I still struggle with portion control. Thankfully I workout enough now and get enough cardio in that it's not a problem. But for the 15-17 years that I took a hiatus from the gym, holy smokes I got fat and out of shape.

Italian on my side as well. Pasta is a cheap meal to fill up a bunch of kids but it doesn't really translate into adulthood since most of us aren't hard core gym rats. Did you see the recent photo of Vin Diesel? At 50 he looks like he is ready to film a sequel to Big Wednesday.

NINTCHDBPICT000555901790.jpg?strip=all&w

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

Or you could walk down the street and get chased by a loose pit bull for your daily exercise. Nothing more motivating than the sound of snapping jaws near your Achilles tendon. 

the purpose of the bike is so I don't have to run at all.

I'm looking at Facebook marketplace to see if I can find a decent bike at a good price. got a few feelers out there.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I just tried on some pants that were stored away from about 6 years ago. I can fit into them but I feel like I'm still 5lbs from them being comfortable at the waist. I need a new belts since I'm on the last notch on the slim side. 

I have a closetful of pants and belts that are useless to me now. Normally old clothes go to the Philippines but I don't think they'll be much use there

Recently switched up my diet (finally).

IMO, too strict wont work. Youll break.

The tough part of my job is having to pack a lunch everyday, for 12 hours.... obviously cold food sucks, especially day after day. Fast food always comes into play.

Anyway, ive severely cut down on everything, while eating a ton more fruits and veggies. Its boring. But.... the "food is fuel" mindset is in play.

I cheat on saturdays. Beer and junk food.

The only reason i can stick with it. FINALLY got back into MMA after 2 decades. Essentially, the gym is "new" again. Insyead of lifting 7 days a week w no cardio, now i lift 4 (maybe 5) days, with 3-5 hours of cardio (boxing or grappling).

Combine that with my nerd diet.... shocking my body for the first time in years.

Goal is 30 pounds by june. 

I bought a heartrate monitor to record calories burned. My average for the week (for the last month) is burning at least 1000 calories on a cardio day, up to 3000 on my days off when I hit both gyms. With maybe 15-2000 calories coming in.

Oh, and I switched from beer to vodka. If that doesnt work ill try meth, but its just so expensive.

Also, reference diet.

I think its important that people eat not just to look better, but for general health. Yeah, we all want to build shoulders and have a flat stomach. But until your doc tells you, who pays attention to their cholesterol, hypertension, etc?

Its hard to eat clean. But you should at least try an incorporate good things to counter the bad. 

@tdawg87, not sure if you like fish, but look into the Mediterranean diet. That seems to be the most scientific backed one. 

Edited by ten ocho recon scout

I just about finished building my home gym, and as luck would have it, I have developed a horrible case of tennis elbow. It hurts even to shake someone’s hand, or to grip/lift anything in excess of a few pounds. And it isn’t improving. 

I have never had a lifting injury like this, and it’s pretty disappointing. I am going to take a month off from lifting, but I am concerned the injury is worse than that and won’t resolve that quickly. Anyone experience anything like this before?

8 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Also, reference diet.

I think its important that people eat not just to look better, but for general health. Yeah, we all want to build shoulders and have a flat stomach. But until your doc tells you, who pays attention to their cholesterol, hypertension, etc?

Its hard to eat clean. But you should at least try an incorporate good things to counter the bad. 

@tdawg87, not sure if you like fish, but look into the Mediterranean diet. That seems to be the most scientific backed one. 

The company I work for moved to Burbank and across the street is a Whole Foods. That has been my lunch spot every day I am in the office. Their salad bar is comprehensive and there is always some sort of proteins available. Since the food court is by weight, when I check out I know I'm still on track when the bill comes in under $10 which is roughly a pound. It makes staying Keto real simple unlike ordering from most restaurants and worse, fast food. 

Whole Foods’ salad bar is excellent. Good sushi to go as well. 

Is it just me or does every chick in there seem good from far but far from good? One girl will have a great ass along with a butterface while another will be pretty from the neck up but with junk in the trunk. I have yet to see anything above a 9 in that place. 

Edited by Lhalo