• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks '13-'14 thread

nate

BB stays.

I didn't expect much this year - we had too many kids and too many old fogies, and not enough D.

Gibson looks ready (I thought he was two years away).

So our window with Getz, Perry, Gibson, Fowler, Vatanen and Lindholm starts now.

With Teemu, Koivu, Hiller and Allen coming off the books that's what... $12m+? A top pair D-man has to be the goal.

Our future is bright - the org has the top ranked collection of youth, plus two first rounders this year.

Good luck to the Kings. They play boring Daryl Sutter hockey but it's effective when everyone is on board like that.

No way you give up on BB after a #1 seed.  The Kings are for real.  The Ducks had questionable goal tending options the last 1/4 of the season and it bled into the playoffs.  Not to mention losing Robidas and not having Souray the entire season.

Beauch was a big let down and Lindholm, while steady, was not good against top teams.

Think about the players that played in this series:

DSP

Maroon

Lindholm

Gibson

Vatanen

Pretty crazy.  Especially with the type of game that BB plays, having that many young kids is insane.  Ducks will get better.  Depth is huge, draft picks are huge.  The future is bright.  This is a frustrating series loss, especially when you go back to game 1.

This off season will be all about getting a top line D man and a second line center.  You have to replace #8, #1 and probably #11.  All of the young guys showed promise.  I don't have an issue going into the season with Gibson/Andersen.

I think Etem might get traded.  He is huge in the minors and has shown promise in the NHL but seems to have some motivation issues and/or maybe doesn't fit with BB's plan.  Still a big trade chip.

I think he'll stay, which I of course completely disagree with. Seriously, look at what Boudreau's teams have done in his last 5 trips to the playoffs:

2009: As the 2 seed, lost to the 4 seeded Pens. Blew 2-0 lead. Lost Game 7 on home ice (also by a 6-2 score).

2010: As the 1 seed, lost to the 8 seeded Canadiens. Blew 3-1 lead. Lost Game 7 on home ice

2011: As the 1 seed, got swept by 5 seeded Lightning. No lead to even blow in this one. 

2013: As the 2 seed, lost to the 7 seeded Wings. Blew 3-2 lead. Lost Game 7 on home ice.

2014: As the 1 seed, lost to the 6 seeded Kings. Blew 3-2 lead. Lost Game 7 on home ice.

If his abysmal playoff record was limited to just the Ducks I'd be more inclined to blame the players. But he's shown consistently poor results for 5 straight playoff appearances across 2 different teams. There's just no way to justify this kind of track record . His soft finesse style just doesn't work in the playoffs, and I really think we're wasting this team's talent with every year we keep him as the coach. 

Meh, compare him to Sutter who has coached in nearly 150 playoff games.  Can't discount that experience.  BB will get there.  You forget the team he took over was one of the worst in the league.

That's what he does, he gets teams to the playoffs and then leaves them there. He's gotten us this far and we have a solid foundation of talent, so I say find another coach who can get us over the hump. Boudreau would be great for a team like Edmonton or Florida though. 

That's what he does, he gets teams to the playoffs and then leaves them there. He's gotten us this far and we have a solid foundation of talent, so I say find another coach who can get us over the hump. Boudreau would be great for a team like Edmonton or Florida though. 

Not many coaches out there that can.  You give him time, in 2.5 seasons he has had a huge turnaround.  Going to game 7 against the Kings in the second round is nothing to be ashamed of.  The West was an insanely dominant conference this season.

Had they not given away game 1, which was not his fault, things would have been a lot different

Maybe, maybe not. You can't just assume the rest of the games would have played out the exact same way in a vacuum. Also, blowing leads seems to be a pattern with Boudreau-coached teams. Obviously the loss itself is not on him, but the mentality that renders a team unable to hold leads in a game and series is at least partially attributable to the coach. In this case I just don't think Boudreau's finesse style instills enough toughness in his teams. 

You can't place this on BB. What can he do when the players don't show up in the big games? Dude might be one of the best motivators in the game and if he can't get these ****s to show up, who can? This is ALL on the players. No blame to him or Murray.